Sony XG9505 LED LCD TV Owners and Discussion thread

Looks to my untrained eye like the cameras don’t like the light at the end of the day with the shadows plus sky prob skimping on the bit rate, but I can assure it’s not just you

Looks to my untrained eye like the cameras don’t like the light at the end of the day with the shadows plus sky prob skimping on the bit rate, but I can assure it’s not just you
reading on twitter theirs a few complaints about it

reading on twitter theirs a few complaints about it

I just asked them on twitter about this. Was just watching the Sheffield game with a different Tv to this and i noticed noise/grainy image on the wide shots on the flags in the stands. close up shots are good, so it looks like it might be sky. I was watching Via Now Tv through my BT box if that helps.

How to best show photos on the Sony X95G.
Should I put the photos on a USB stick or can I connect to my PC via wi-fi ?
or
Can I connect phone or tablet with the pictures on it to the TV ?

I have a nas box and tv on wired ethernet connection to share pictures.
A pc would work if you have a media server installed.

I also sometimes use Google cast to cast to the tv from tablet/phone.

Do you restart the tv at least once a week?

Alternatively try a factory reset on the tv.

Did a factory reset made no difference. Still looses the ARC connection when soundbar powered off/on and only way to connect again with ARC is the restart tv. tried different hdmi cables and all sort of different settings. Strange how it worked fine for a week.

Did a factory reset made no difference. Still looses the ARC connection when soundbar powered off/on and only way to connect again with ARC is the restart tv. tried different hdmi cables and all sort of different settings. Strange how it worked fine for a week.

Have you tried factory reset on the SB?

My audio ouput settings I use on tv are..

Audio system prioritisation -on
Sound mode synch - on
Sound mode synch - on
A/V synch auto
Earc - auto
Digital Audio out - auto 1
Dolby digital plus output - dolby digital plus
Passthrough mode - auto

I lost sound on my xe9005 once, but I reset the hdmi handshake, by unplugging arc on both tv and sb when sb and tv were switched off.
Switch on tv and sb then switch both off.
Reconnect arc between tv and sb then switch tv and sb on.

I didnt ask, but did you enable enhanced format for the arc HDMI port on the tv and the SB?

Other than that maybe SB has an issue.

Last edited:
What are you guys setting Reality Creation at?

I like it a lot, right now I'm using Auto for 720p and 1080p content from Netflix.

Anyone using manual? What values?

hi dont know if anyone could help . Looking to see what the dolby bright standard settings are as I have an xf9005 and want to try those settings . If someone could post a few pics I would appreciate. Thanks in advance if someone can help .

hi dont know if anyone could help . Looking to see what the dolby bright standard settings are as I have an xf9005 and want to try those settings . If someone could post a few pics I would appreciate. Thanks in advance if someone can help .

The Dolby Bright settings are built in, like all the different presets so I don't think you will be able to replicate it on your XF.

The Dolby Bright settings are built in, like all the different presets so I don't think you will be able to replicate it on your XF.
Thanks, I was hoping gamma brightness etc would visable as they are on the xf although of course the interface is different

Is this tv a 120hz panel?

If so, can you activate a 60hz mode for 4k gaming? I really don't like the complications associated with vsync and trying to get 120 fps

I feel like the stupidest person in the world right now because I can't shut off the tv using the remote. It's a brand new unit and all the remote buttons work fine but when I press the power button on the remote nothing happens. I need to shut off using the button on the back. What's wrong?

I feel like the stupidest person in the world right now because I can't shut off the tv using the remote. It's a brand new unit and all the remote buttons work fine but when I press the power button on the remote nothing happens. I need to shut off using the button on the back. What's wrong?

No m8 you're not that at all, some things are just sent to try us :)

Try removing batteries from remote
Hold down remote power button for 3 seconds
Release remote power button
Re-install remote batteries
Did this fix it?

Let us know how you get on

If the above doesn't work then try

• Point remote at TV illumination LED and hold remote power button down for 5 seconds until you get a power off message on screen
  • TV reboots automatically, so wait for approximately one minute, and the TV will turn back on
  • If it does not reboot, press the POWER button on the remote control to turn on the TV
Does this fix the problem? Let us know how you get on

Sony remote P1.PNG

If the above doesn't work then try

• Point remote at TV illumination LED and hold remote power button down for 5 seconds until you get a power off message on screen
  • TV reboots automatically, so wait for approximately one minute, and the TV will turn back on
  • If it does not reboot, press the POWER button on the remote control to turn on the TV
Does this fix the problem? Let us know how you get on

Thank you it's working now, I guess I had to point a little lower and hold the button.

Just a quick question. Is there a protective film or not? The Samsung I had, had a protective plastic on the panel but here it seems there's none, however in the quick start guide I see this

Attachments

• 2020-09-20 09.48.25.jpg
    2020-09-20 09.48.25.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 71
Thank you it's working now, I guess I had to point a little lower and hold the button.

Just a quick question. Is there a protective film or not? The Samsung I had, had a protective plastic on the panel but here it seems there's none, however in the quick start guide I see this

So are you confirming it's fixed or not? A thumbs up would let us know and will help others on the forum :)

Think I can answer my own question, in that the tv doesn't have HDMI2.1 and can't do 120hz at 4k, makes me wonder why it has a 120hz panel.

New owner here, are there any professional settings i should use?

Think I can answer my own question, in that the tv doesn't have HDMI2.1 and can't do 120hz at 4k, makes me wonder why it has a 120hz panel.

New owner here, are there any professional settings i should use?
you can use other resolutions example 1080p at 120hz
Greetings

you can use other resolutions example 1080p at 120hz
Greetings
Buy a 4K TV and 4K console for 1080p - No way.

Unfortunately I believed the higher the model number the better the Sony TV I was buying.

Lesson learn't the hard way.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom