Question Soundbar for 2019 LG 75SM8670PUA NanoCell 8 (non-eARC Atmos)?

mistermike40

Novice Member
Reaction score
I bought an LG 75SM8670PUA last year, not knowing anything about home theater/soundbar details. I now want to purchase a soundbar (possibly with satellite speakers) and I have a couple questions.

- I just found out my TV doesn't have HDMI eARC, just an HDMI ARC port... how bad is that? Does eARC provide *that* much better sound that ARC? I've read it's uncompressed and has more bandwidth, so the difference could be huge.

- given I'm "stuck" with an HDMI ARC TV, are there any suggestions for a soundbar? I don't want to spend $2K if (due to ARC limitations) a $500 bar will sound almost as good. Will most/all eARC soundbars support ARC? Is there an optimal Atmos HDMI ARC bar?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Mike

Last edited:
I bought an LG 75SM8670PUA last year, not knowing anything about home theater/soundbar details. I now want to purchase a soundbar (possibly with satellite speakers) and I have a couple questions.

- I just found out my TV doesn't have HDMI eARC, just an HDMI ARC port... how bad is that? Does eARC provide *that* much better sound that ARC? I've read it's uncompressed and has more bandwidth, so the difference could be huge.

- given I'm "stuck" with an HDMI ARC TV, are there any suggestions for a soundbar? I don't want to spend $2K if (due to ARC limitations) a $500 bar will sound almost as good. Will most/all eARC soundbars support ARC? Is there an optimal Atmos HDMI ARC bar?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Mike
The diff is marginal to be honest, all earc soundbars will support arc so no probs. I have a samsung 75" it wont pass earc content from say my xbox , unless i wire my xbox directly to my sound bar , however it will pass atmos from the built in apps , such as netflix, so having done the comparison between the onboard apps and against the xbox running through the tv, theres a slight improvement. Albeit slight so i wouldnt worry to much.

Thanks for your reply Keith. I've decided to go with the Vizio SB36512-F6 soundbar (it only supports ARC)... it's not too expensive and it supports Atmos.

there certainly supposed to offer bang for the buck.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom