Soundbar help

Giant

Novice Member
Hi,
Sorry for another soundbar search request but you seem very helpful.
Just brought a LG OLED 55 inch tv and now searching for a soundbar.

Use mainly for movies and ideally with a good 5.1 sound as in sound going over my head etc. Don’t mind if I have to add rear speakers, but I do have 2 Sonos ones gen 1available if Sonos is preference.
Budget £400 but if you say a £800 if better well spent then maybe? Room size a nice rectangular 7m x 4m with standard height ceilings.
Thanks in advance.

keithwiggins

Given you have sonos speakers already the logical choice would be a Sonos Arc, if you didnt feel you wanted to spend that much a sonos beam.
There are of course a great many others out there, which offer a different sound , i dont have sonos so you may want to check with owners if the ones will work in that context.

Giant

Novice Member
Hi,
I am temped with the arc. Like you said there are others out there but they all have so many conflicting views. When one said it awesome another says it flat. Still we are all different.
Visiting another audio shop next week to
Listen to a few.
The Polk seem a good look at cheaper though I like quality first.
thanks for replying.

keithwiggins

Hi,
I am temped with the arc. Like you said there are others out there but they all have so many conflicting views. When one said it awesome another says it flat. Still we are all different.
Visiting another audio shop next week to
Listen to a few.
The Polk seem a good look at cheaper though I like quality first.
thanks for replying.
Polk its very good gear, you are absolutely doing the right thing, using your own ears as a guide, good luck.

Giant

Novice Member
Thank you. I’ll let you know my findings and hopefully brought item, though no rush. New TV is pretty good compared to older TVs. If you don’t mind me asking what is your set up ?

keithwiggins

I Have had a lot of gear (Linn,Naim,Rega,Quad,Kef,B&w etc) for stero and then over the years, became really enthused by Av gear, i dabbled with most of the established seperates brands .

(Arcam,Anthem,Yamaha, Pioneer,Sony, Goldenear, Definitive,Technology etc etc) until i felt that sonic increments for say buying a 2k amp were there but really not worth the financial outlay, also my wife wanted a far cleaner lounge as i had 3 subs in use at variuos stages.

So went into the world of sound bars and have owned about 8. My last purchase was a Beosound Stage, which i feel sounds fantastic, it gives me the superior audio quality of separates in one neat package.

I didnt suggest it as its more than your budget ( that said Tysons have an opened box unit for £999) so thats what i use with a 75" samsung, an xbox and pioneer bluray player.
The upgrade bug has left me ( for now) and i am very content with my system, ps the wife loves it!