Soundbar replacement or separate stereo set up?. Advice

Otekki

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey

i currently have a Yamaha Yas 207 connected to the TV and overall it’s pretty good for tv, movies and gaming. However, I find it lacks when it comes to playing music from my project turntable. I would say I do 70% tv and 30% music.

I have a little space where I could set up an amp and two speakers and move the turntable and have a dedicated music listening spot. Or am I better off replacing the subwoofer with gel stereo speakers and keep it all in one place?
My budget is around £350

any advice appreciated

I obviously don't know the details of your setup/home, but typically, yes, soundbars are not great for music. However, I suspect most people who were used to a subwoofer would find small £200 speakers sorely lacking when it comes to the bass impact of certain films. Only you know your priorities, but I'd hold on to that sub, at least until you've compared it to some new speakers.

Matt

Though just my opinion, NO ONE wants a Sound Bar, forced by circumstance, we sometimes have to settle for a Sound Bar though.

If you want a Subwoofer, then perhaps the Edifier S350DB is a solution.

Edifier S350DB 2.1 Speaker System, 2xAux in, Optical, Coaxial, Bluetooth, Remote - £250/set -

Amazon product ASIN B077Y6PHKQ
In bookshelf speakers with similar connection options, consider -

Edifier S2000Pro Active Speakers, 1xAux, Opt, Coax, Bluetooth, Remote - £429/pr -

Amazon product ASIN B01MTJ0FEY
Yes a bit over budget, but a very good speaker.

Though there are many other YouTube Reviews available on these products.

Steve/bluewizard

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom