Speaker placement

christopher101

Established Member
Reaction score
Rough drawing but it gives an idea of the set up, would anyone have any ideas as to where would be best to place the speakers for a 5.1 set up.
The way things are now, the front three speakers are placed beneath the projector screen, which obviously works fine whilst watching the projector but watching the TV the sound coming from the left sounds ridiculous. I would ideally like to have a centralised sound, sounding like the audio could be coming from the TV or the projector.
I have some physical disabilities which makes moving speakers very difficult which is why I'd like suggestions before I start to rearrange things.
Any ideas gratefully received.
room.jpg

With having the TV and the screen on different walls with the same speaker layout is always going to sound extremely poor when you are watching and listening with the TV. Most will bring down a screen in front of the TV and thereby no compromise audio.

You will not be able to reconfigure a receiver to accommodate both speakers positionings an perhaps you would be better served by having a soundbar on the TV. The obvious and ideal solution would be to have both screen and TV on that same wall. All the audio will then be in balance.

Thanks gibbsy for taking the time to reply, your advice echos exactly the way I know it needs to be done, (screen in front of TV) on the same wall) looks like that's the way I'll go'
Thanks again.
Would you know if there is a bracket available which would allow me to hang the screen protruding from the wall enough to come down in front of the tv, not sure the ceiling would be strong enough.

Last edited:
@Seriously Ltd

I've tagged someone who is better placed than me to answer that.:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom