speakers and projector screen

xcentric

Standard Member
Reaction score
Have some in-wall speakers to install - if it were just for the TV all would be fine, but we also use a retractable projector screen and projector. So the speakers need to be outside the projector screen, which puts them fairly close to the side walls - 30cm maybe. Is this likely to be ok, or should I look to invest in an acoustically transparent screen? Don't really want to spend any more money, tbh. Am sure this must be a common problem - what have others done?

IME speakers in a corner sound terrible, even in the case of my speakers which have adjustments for such placement, I was always drawn to the fact that the sound was coming from the corner of the room.

Secondly, an Acoustic Transparent screen is a massive improvement for projector use imo. It can be argued that image quality sufferers a bit due less sharpness (avoid perforated screens at all cost) but the gains in audio more than make up for it.

got suggestions for ok acoustically transparent screens?

one other q - if I get acoustically transparent screen material, can I rip apart my current motorised screen and replace the material? is it likely to work ok?!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom