Spider-Man: Far From Home Review & Comments

In to the Spiderverse was fantastic. Better than the Homecoming. Spider Man lends well to animation.

Will see this when it's released on bluray.

Really? Personally, it pulled every emotion of me as I cared about what the characters were going through and thats rare for a majority of blockbuster film these days. So why did you hate it?

For me it wasnt an action film. They billed cap marvel as some sort of mega powerful character. Apart from the thanks headbut she didnt do anything. Thors input was embarrassing there was a lot of running about for not much point really. And then the final battle scene was too much and too quick.

When I came out of watching the previous avenger film I couldn't wait to see endgame. But after 2atching endgame I felt so deflated it was unreal.

For me the Jarvis bit was about the best

I haven’t watched many “marvel” films or know what “endgame” is, but I do enjoy Spider-Man, and the last one was good. Am I going to understand and enjoy this?

I'm looking forward to watching this Spiderman film. But for those that haven't, Endgame needs to be watched first.

I haven’t watched many “marvel” films or know what “endgame” is, but I do enjoy Spider-Man, and the last one was good. Am I going to understand and enjoy this?

Realistically, you should at least take the time to watch the Marvel movies which have Spider-Man in them (Civil War, Spider-Man Homecoming, Infinity War, Endgame) before this, as it won't make sense otherwise. Far From Home is as much the end of a Marvel era / start of a new one, as it is a Spider-Man movie, and it will play as one big (arguably nonsensical) spoiler if you haven't seen any of the films between this and the last. Just too much has happened, much of which they won't bother explaining to you because they expect you to have seen Infinity War / Endgame.

I'm a HUGE fan of MCU – my girlfriend and I are currently watching them all, back to back (watched the first 6 movies in one day on Sunday).

I am a HUGE Spider-Man fan. Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy, Spiderverse and so on.

MCU Spider-Man SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS.

I need to say I am a MASSIVE marvel fan, mainly the comics but I love the films too.

When I first heard that Spidey was coming to the MCU I was very excited after Andrew Garfields run got cancelled ,which I think was VERY underrated.

The MCU has totally ruined Spiderman!! I never though Marvel themselves couldn't ruin their own character. I heard reviews saying that the MCU had finally done Spidey justice with his debut in Civil War and then Homecoming. Those people must of had no idea about the character.

When I think how easily they translated the idea of a Norse God to film it's impressive how they managed to get Spiderman so totally wrong.

I love Mysterio but won't be seeing this at the cinema and will instead wait until the Phase 3 Part 2 boxset comes out to complete the phase. Assuming it does come out and there's not a cash grab expecting me to buy the first part of Phase 3 again lol.

For me it wasnt an action film. They billed cap marvel as some sort of mega powerful character. Apart from the thanks headbut she didnt do anything. Thors input was embarrassing there was a lot of running about for not much point really. And then the final battle scene was too much and too quick.

When I came out of watching the previous avenger film I couldn't wait to see endgame. But after 2atching endgame I felt so deflated it was unreal.

For me the Jarvis bit was about the best

Infinity War was a FAR superior film to Endgame. I loved every second of IW but Endgame was a disappointment. I do like how they executed a certain plotline in a way that nobody expected though in relation to the comics and the previous films set up.

Realistically, you should at least take the time to watch the Marvel movies which have Spider-Man in them (Civil War, Spider-Man Homecoming, Infinity War, Endgame) before this, as it won't make sense otherwise. Far From Home is as much the end of a Marvel era / start of a new one, as it is a Spider-Man movie, and it will play as one big (arguably nonsensical) spoiler if you haven't seen any of the films between this and the last. Just too much has happened, much of which they won't bother explaining to you because they expect you to have seen Infinity War / Endgame.
Thanks. Useful info.

I'm only really interested in Superman (couldn't get through the new film though) and Spiderman as characters so haven't watched any of the other Marvel movies. The last Spiderman had some references I didn't understand (like who Stark (?) was) but generally was enjoyable anyway. Seems like the new Spiderman might be a miss for me then as i just don't have the time or inclination to watch all the other baggage, which is a shame.

Guys,

Is the IMAX 3D version any good? Its 10 quid in Dolby Cinema where I can move to front rows for a more immersive experience.

Last edited:
Just watched this - I really enjoyed it. Quite a change taking Spidey out of New York. Interesting twist half through which you sort of expected but still quite well done - will definitely see again when out on UHD Blu.

Spiderman Far From Home is partially used as a vehicle for the closure of the devastating events that occurred in the previous two Avengers films. If you haven't watched them, I personally would forget it and just wait for the home release. Even then though, it would/could be confusing.

Point of note - a 'Distinguished' forum member on here has openly stated he saw the twist at the end coming. The very fact he stated theres a twist means that even though I haven't seen it yet I already know what that twist is.

Thanks for that.

Thanks. Useful info.

I'm only really interested in Superman (couldn't get through the new film though) and Spiderman as characters so haven't watched any of the other Marvel movies. The last Spiderman had some references I didn't understand (like who Stark (?) was) but generally was enjoyable anyway. Seems like the new Spiderman might be a miss for me then as i just don't have the time or inclination to watch all the other baggage, which is a shame.

This Spider-Man is part of a pre-existing franchise, so unforunately yes you do need to be a bit up to speed. There are only 5 MCU films with Spider-Man in though, one of which you've already seen, the other you're about to. So you only need to see Civil War, Infinity War and Endgame (which happen to be three of the most awesome films in the whole saga). Not really a hardship.

If you're not interested however, I'd say leave it and give (the also-excellent) Spider-Man: Into The Spiderverse a go.

Point of note - a 'Distinguished' forum member on here has openly stated he saw the twist at the end coming. The very fact he stated theres a twist means that even though I haven't seen it yet I already know what that twist is.

Oh, I really don't think you'll see this one coming. It's not what you think it is...

I'm the same - if I KNOW there's a twist, I can spot it a mile off (and I'd read about something in this movie too). But this one totally threw me.

Last edited:
Watched this yesterday. Thought it was decent. Nothing groundbreaking but I really liked the mid and end credit scenes.

I would agree a solid 7.5 from me as well. I like the MCU and what they have accomplished with IW/Endgame is ground breaking with regard to world building in a movie franchise. It was always going to be tough to follow Endgame, but Far from home was what was needed.
The movie had a very good villain imho, and dealt with the consequences of Endgame in a touching way. The movie was also a lot of fun, and for me Tom Holland was excellent again in the role.

MCU once again produce another entertaining blockbuster, and yes the post credit scenes are some of the best in a long time.

Watched this yesterday in a boiling cinema with the right surround speakers out in screen 7 of the Showcase Nantgarw (avoid!) - will be sending them a very sturn email of complaint! Speakers were fine for the trailers so I can only assume some idiot hasn't set the film up correctly. It made the film sound really flat.

The film itself was ok - not exceptionally well paced, but (considering the structure they've gone for) understandable.
The moment Mysterio was introduced I turned to my wife and said "I bet this is a take on The Incredibles... He's acting just like Syndrome."

Very much liked the end credits in this one - after a few lackluster ones these felt truly meaty. And some of the action was visually appealing even if it was scientifically inept and counterintuitive
A significant part of the reveal shows "how it's done" and appears to be like a film studio where by things are made ahead of time - but if that were true, then Spiderman would be unable to interact with things in real time... In addition, it would be exceptionally coincidental for Spiderman to be "in position" to be spoken to or interacted with - just like when by standers are "focused upon". Sure, we could bring it back to procedural generation... But quite a few interactions are instantaneous which would be exceptionally difficult to do. And I am pretty sure I saw a few instances where people "passed through" before the reveal and didn't notice anything, but afterwards "passing through" instantly meant being behind the mirror as it were.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed this. Just great, great fun. Reminds me of the cartoons I grew up with. All a bit silly, but a very enjoyable 2 hours and good contrast to the high-drama of Infinity War / Endgame.

After the
disappointing Iron Man 3 villain reveal, the Venice sequence made no sense.

For those complaining about the
Iron Man 3 style reveal, I’m assuming you’re not familiar with the Mysterio character.
The movie version of him is pretty much true to the comics
Mysterio - Wikipedia

For those complaining about the
Iron Man 3 style reveal, I’m assuming you’re not familiar with the Mysterio character.
The movie version of him is pretty much true to the comics
Mysterio - Wikipedia
Totally agree... I certainly wasn't aware... But then in a way that should have made the film more, not less intriguing. :p I guess we're all basically saying the same thing - this was a reasonably fun filler film... For lots of people that's "good enough" and for others it's "not quite there" so a 7 seems spot on lol.

Mixed bag for me this one - trailers gave away too much and the first half of the film just meandered along without really being particularly funny or dramatic :(

Halfway through though it came to life - a truly wonderful middle section and the film improved massively from then on.

Agree re the filler comments - this is like Ant Man and The Wasp in quality rather than Winter Soldier. An entertaining film which could have been better but is still a lot more enjoyable than a lot of other movies. Well worth seeing but I just wanted a bit more of that 'magic' which Marvel have.

(Stay until the very end of the credits. A lot of the people in the cinema stayed for the excellent mid credits scene but then left and missed the one at the very end which is equally as good)

I enjoyed as a whole but why are there so many illuminati references throughout the movie, I'm shocked that nobody else has noticed ?

I enjoyed as a whole but why are there so many illuminati references throughout the movie, I'm shocked that nobody else has noticed ?
I not seen the film but there the historical illuminati and there a Marvel one members below.
although IM cant be in it unless reintroduced.
Marvel Iluminarti.jpg

Watched on the big screen at Southampton Showcase in XPlus 3D with Dolby Atmos last night. Some of the 3D was a bit misaligned at the edges of the picture and it oddly sounded a bit flat in places, but overall excellent.

Almost impossible to comment on the film without Spoiler Tagging everything, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and appreciated the effort given to manage the segue from End Game into a lighter comedic Spiderman movie that still manages to keep moving the MCU forward.

As others have said, this is in AntMan / Guardians territory so disengage your brain, enjoy the ride, don't worry too much about the details and definitely keep watching all the way through the credits until the house lights come up!

Last edited:
Just got back from this.

Right now I'm pinging it in at a 7/10.

I agree with the other comments about it being a more light-hearted affair along the lines of Ant-Man, as opposed to some of the other heavier Marvel stuff.

I just couldn't quite engage with it though, and it all felt a bit too telegraphed. I saw what was coming, and by the time we'd gotten to the final battle I was kind of spent and disengaged.

I think I'll definitely need another viewing at home anyway. But I know part of the problem is me not being excited that much now by the future of the MCU, now that Endgame has passed.

Holland was great though as usual, as was Zendaya.

As for the comparison with
the Iron Man 3 Mandarin twist
I wouldn't tarnish this with that brush.
Gyllenhaal still had much to offer here, whereas The Mandarin just went too far and was preposterously stupid.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom