Spider-Man: Far From Home Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Now that I have seen it, I get the reviews I have read about some of the humour. There are a couple of characters whose jokes occasionally fall flat and I'm really not sure how those jokes ended up in the final cut. It's much lighter in tone that Homecoming so it initially plays like Marvel letting its hair down for the end of Phase 3. The main twist you can see coming but it's still executed very well. The rest?

Well in case we thought Marvel were sleeping, one scene took us from cheering loudly to holy s**t (twice?) in the space of 30 seconds.

P.S.
For those of you lucky enough to still have access to 3D, this looks like it might be one of the better 3D conversions.

Last edited by a moderator:
A guy in the cinema shouted Holy S**t...........twice.
I only thought of saying that when
the first post credits scene played. There were certainly gasps from the audience...

A tiny bit deflated with this after hoping the MCU could dominate my summer. And it seems like a bit of wait now before I can get stuck into the next one, which I'm assuming will be Black Widow next Spring.
I think Cas has it bang on with 7/10. Far from a dull night at the flicks, just not quite the calibre of Spidey outing I was hoping for.

I only thought of saying that when
the first post credits scene played. There were certainly gasps from the audience...
Think about it. There were two things in that scene. The story then the reveal.

A tiny bit deflated with this after hoping the MCU could dominate my summer. And it seems like a bit of wait now before I can get stuck into the next one, which I'm assuming will be Black Widow next Spring.
I think Cas has it bang on with 7/10. Far from a dull night at the flicks, just not quite the calibre of Spidey outing I was hoping for.
This was a funny romantic comedy with action which we probably were not expecting. But the just makes what "really" happens more shocking than if it was just another serious flick.

The reveal about:
Talos helped to partly explain why Nick Fury didn't wan't Captain Marvel's name mentioned earlier in the film. I'm guessing she's cut some kind of deal with Fury.

saw it in imax 3D - very enjoyable and agree with comments re necessity of a lighter tone after Endgame - and looked and sounded great on the big screen

agree spiderverse is a tough act to follow - that just gets better the more times I watch it

absolute requirement to see ALL 129 minutes for some of the more important post credit scenes for a while

I would give it at least the 7.5

Will put this on my to watch list but not make it to the flicks sadly.
Still haven't seen Spider verse and only recently got around to "Homecoming" which (having really disliked all the previous Spider man films this century) I thought, despite playing to a young audience was terrific.

Anyone else here old enough to remember the 1970's Spider Man films? Saw these at the flicks and really enjoyed at the time (I'm sure they were terrible but we had little else to distract us back then!). Just looked it up and it was directed by none less than E W Swackhammer (what a name!) Spider-Man (1977 film) - Wikipedia

Still haven't seen Spider verse and only recently got around to "Homecoming" which (having really disliked all the previous Spider man films this century) I thought, despite playing to a young audience was terrific.

Anyone else here old enough to remember the 1970's Spider Man films? Saw these at the flicks and really enjoyed at the time (I'm sure they were terrible but we had little else to distract us back then!). Just looked it up and it was directed by none less than E W Swackhammer (what a name!) Spider-Man (1977 film) - Wikipedia

Ah, those crazy days when underpaid stunt men dressed up in tights and swung between buildings.

I'm a HUGE fan of MCU – my girlfriend and I are currently watching them all, back to back (watched the first 6 movies in one day on Sunday).

I am a HUGE Spider-Man fan. Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy, Spiderverse and so on.

MCU Spider-Man SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS.

well argued!!

Nothing beats Japanese Spider-Man.

Nothing.

Nothing.

Looks like you spent all of your money on your AV kit and didn't have enough left over to make the film. Nice try pretending that it's Japanese though.

*maybe not.

I'm going to wait for the home release on this one as I usually do. Apart from Endgame of course. Still haven't seen Spiderverse yet as it wasn't on my to do list, but after reading this review may do shortly.

“If there were half marks, it would easily earn a 7.5”

@Casimir Harlow ; it’s your forum - just type “7.5” in mate! :laugh:

There are no half marks in the system unfortunately, although I totally get why.

so it's a "moral" 7.5 then?

you might be right Cas about Tom not looking 16 anymore - 4K does not leave anywhere to hide

maybe they need to skip on to Tom/Spidey in College next time?

Nothing.

Not even... ITALIAN SPIDER-MAN??

upload_2019-7-4_13-59-11.jpeg

liked homecoming, hated endgame loved far from home, massive spiderfan go figure

Just watched Endgame (plus) again. You a crazy dude! :)

usually I go watch avengers with my mates before excitedly taking the missus t see it, however ive told her I have no intention of watching the pile of dung ever again,

liked homecoming, hated endgame loved far from home, massive spiderfan go figure

Really? Personally, it pulled every emotion of me as I cared about what the characters were going through and thats rare for a majority of blockbuster film these days. So why did you hate it?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom