Spider-Man: Far from Home (Zavvi Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

Some copies will be back up to pre-order tomorrow, around 12pm midday.
Probably before for RC subs.

Some pics to get you excited. I pinched these from Facebook.

Attachments

• 44864CBB-696B-4B70-8BBF-9E436B39B3D6.jpeg
    44864CBB-696B-4B70-8BBF-9E436B39B3D6.jpeg
    686.1 KB · Views: 97
  • F9E469B3-75C5-40BB-9CC3-4DB32CF7A6A8.jpeg
    F9E469B3-75C5-40BB-9CC3-4DB32CF7A6A8.jpeg
    664.6 KB · Views: 107
  • 7D67354D-8B9A-49CD-BA56-EF990FCBC50C.jpeg
    7D67354D-8B9A-49CD-BA56-EF990FCBC50C.jpeg
    686.5 KB · Views: 68
  • A4DD3833-422F-4EEB-B176-8FFC3D45A566.jpeg
    A4DD3833-422F-4EEB-B176-8FFC3D45A566.jpeg
    583.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 79E6BA52-6031-4DA5-AE2D-9B609A0EB44E.jpeg
    79E6BA52-6031-4DA5-AE2D-9B609A0EB44E.jpeg
    794.4 KB · Views: 70
Eugh, stacked discs WHY ZAVVI. Iffy disc art, and would've been better without metallic reflections too. Hard to tell, but best be glossy.

Eugh, stacked discs WHY ZAVVI. Iffy disc art, and would've been better without metallic reflections too. Hard to tell, but best be glossy.
Are there 3 discs here and that’s why they’re stacked? I couldn’t tell about the gloss either, looks to be I think.

Are there 3 discs here and that’s why they’re stacked? I couldn’t tell about the gloss either, looks to be I think.
Yeah there are, but 3 separate holders (like endgame) would have been simple. I hate stacked.

Yeah there are, but 3 separate holders (like endgame) would have been simple. I hate stacked.
I don’t mind them when you’ve got 6 discs in there or something, I’d rather have stacked discs than a jumbo steelbook, but there’s no need for 3.

No steel for me in this mornings post

Nothing for me this morning either. Was posted on Wednesday morning so I’ve no idea why it takes so long. And Zavvi and their “keep an eye on your post because this is now shipping” tweet can royally bugger off!

Last edited:
Just received mine through the post.
The artwork finish is, to say the least, very “metallic” :D
Still not too sure what I think of it.

9CDC46A4-F588-4A05-85CF-3FD4AD7F2B80.jpeg

Yeah I see what you mean. Odd finish to it. When was yours posted if you don’t mind me asking?

Think it may have been Wednesday?

Wasn’t expecting any of the 3 I’d ordered this morning to be honest. As my last few Zavvi deliveries have ended up appearing the Monday / Tuesday after.

Yeah the excessive use of metallic isn't positive imo, would've worked better with solid bold colours. It is atleast full gloss?

Nothing for me today either, that'll be another Monday delivery like the Aladdin 4k steel last week.

Think it may have been Wednesday?

Wasn’t expecting any of the 3 I’d ordered this morning to be honest. As my last few Zavvi deliveries have ended up appearing the Monday / Tuesday after.
The only one I’ve had early in the past year is Detective Pikachu. I was really hoping to get this today as mine shipped early on the Wednesday morning, most of my others have shipped Thursday or even Friday.

The only one I’ve had early in the past year is Detective Pikachu. I was really hoping to get this today as mine shipped early on the Wednesday morning, most of my others have shipped Thursday or even Friday.
Its pot luck mate, "shipped" means nothing to zavvi. It's just entered their process, not left the door. Most of mine do come Saturday tbf, Aladdin, antman 2, endgame, infinity war and captain marvel all turned up monday.... so i can't say I'm surprised.

Yeah the excessive use of metallic isn't positive imo, would've worked better with solid bold colours. It is atleast full gloss?

Nothing for me today either, that'll be another Monday delivery like the Aladdin 4k steel last week.

Just opened it. It appears to be a gloss finish. At least the rear of the case is an improvement in colour...

272CF794-C15E-4F99-BF9E-FA32E1EE3CA3.jpeg

Its pot luck mate, "shipped" means nothing to zavvi. It's just entered their process, not left the door. Most of mine do come Saturday tbf, Aladdin, antman 2, endgame, infinity war and captain marvel all turned up monday.... so i can't say I'm surprised.
Yeah it probably didn’t get handed to the post office until yesterday. Give me Zoom deliveries all the time. They’re reliable. Shame they don’t get more steels.

Received mine this morning, very disappointed with that finish.

Going to get an order in for the Japanese Amazon release.
IMG_4867.jpeg

Last edited:
I am feeling less and less positive about this as the day goes along :(

in-art-close-icon-128x128-16481b937f87b244a645cdbef0d930f8.png
–– ADVERTISEMENT ––​
unmiss-sound-button-muted-e74d67a0c85c3548f07d7564782a269c.svg
@samdavies
From the pictures shared above, this is more of a gloss varnish instead of full gloss.
So, what did you say about the German exclusive? :laugh:
Indeed. It's still better art than the German. I'm fairly confident that'll have the same finish and the same shitty metallic sky effect. Happy for pictures to prove me wrong and I'll work on getting that instead, but glad i didn't throw down €50 on a punt and risk ending up with this finish.

Indeed. It's still better art than the German. I'm fairly confident that'll have the same finish and the same sh*tty metallic sky effect. Happy for pictures to prove me wrong and I'll work on getting that instead, but glad i didn't throw down €50 on a punt and risk ending up with this finish.

Yes, the German exclusive will have the same finish as the UK.
€50 ?? are we talking about the same release? The German Exclusive is at €22.99.
Still available from Jpc.de and with free shipping offer until tomorrow too :p
Edit: Free shipping might not be for the UK though (TBC)

Yes, the German exclusive will have the same finish as the UK.
€50 ?? are we talking about the same release? The German Exclusive is at €22.99.
Still avaialbe from Jpc.de and with free shipping offer until tomorrow too :p

The 4k/3d variant was about €50 with uk shipping wasn't it? Before or after they switched up the art, it's hard to keep track lol who knows what'll actually turn up for anyone who bought that :rotfl:

But yeah exactly, it'll have the same finish, with worse art (imo) so there's no benefit in getting in over the zavvi release, especially as I'd have to buy the 4k amaray separately. So it'll cost about £20 more overall.

I don't like the FAC, well not enough to pay £57 for the 4k steel variant and I'm not paying £80 for the JP one either. So this'll just have to do i guess :rolleyes:

The 4k/3d variant was about €50 with uk shipping wasn't it? Before or after they switched up the art, it's hard to keep track lol who knows what'll actually turn up for anyone who bought that :rotfl:

But yeah exactly, it'll have the same finish, with worse art (imo) so there's no benefit in getting in over the zavvi release, especially as I'd have to buy the 4k amaray separately. So it'll cost about £20 more overall.

I don't like the FAC, well not enough to pay £57 for the 4k steel variant and I'm not paying £80 for the JP one either. So this'll just have to do i guess :rolleyes:

Yes, true, i forgot you were after the 4K disc too.
Was only joking about the German exclusive comparison though, because i remember you switched from one to the other many times and the mockup was changing twice a week at the time too... :)
All this to say, that at the end, we still do not get a decent release (artwork + treatment) for this one even though we have 3 different releases all over Europe and the UK.

Looks like some ‘spot gloss effect’ on the eyes? Still prefer this design to the other ones

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 80
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 89
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 89

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?