Answered Spill-proof travel laptops

Blacksky

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I hope you can help with this! I really need a new spill-proof lightweight laptop for typing in a cafe. It doesn't have to be amazing, but it does have to be lightweight and water resistant. I have been looking at the Lenovo ThinkPad X131e and it's improved versions, the X250 and the X1 Carbon but I have heard that the Carbon is actually really badly made, so I'm not sure what to do. I'm very clumsy and have already ruined a couple of laptops spilling things on them, so I really need something that won't die on me!

I am absolutely desperate at this point - all I can find are waterproof bags!

Last edited:
Most higher end business models should have drainage channels. HP Elitebook/Zbook, Dell Latitude, Toshiba Tecra and so on.

Above that you do get semi-rugged and rugged laptops that are even more waterproof - but even more expensive.

Most of the professional reviews I've seen say that the current X1 Carbon is pretty well put together. It is designed to be super light so there will be durability trade-offs but don't expect to regularly drop it off the table and it should be fine.

Thanks a lot, it's 0k, a guy just directed me to a Toughbook F9 for about £400 that should do me as long as they are right about it only weighing 1.6kg. I need this right now so I think I'm just going to buy it unless someone can suggest another..

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom