SR 102 Antenna cable connectors.

The Grandfather

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, to alleviate my current bored state I am playing with an old spare SR 102 router. I am going to do what a couple of Youtubers have done and fit external higher gain antennas. I realise that it is a bit like polishing a t**d but it will keep me occupied for a while.

My question is this: Are the connectors on the board that feed the antenna cables IPEX MHF4 ? I have a powerful magnifying glass and they certainly look similar.

If they are then I shall buy this from the ever useful Amazon.

You never know it might work!!

Thanks. Nick

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Thought that this request for knowledge might be a little out of the ordinary. Well it appears that the connectors are MHF4. They certainly clip in with a satisfying noise and feel. Anyway its all done (and the t**d polished!). Preliminary checking seems to show that I certainly seem to have a better range BUT when trying to change the routers config (Set I/p address, DHCP off, set SSID and p/w to be the same as my actual router) the wretched thing will not save any or all of the required changes.
It has been reset many times all to no avail. I have tried just changing one parameter at a time - no joy. I have even tried making it the main router by connecting it to the internet and then attempting to change the parameters. Reset with a lump hammer??
From what I can glean from Google this router and SKY are between them just plain cussed and awkward. Perhaps it's time to put my secondary SR102 in the bin, cut my losses and buy a secondhand old netgear router to use as an access point.

Ideas anyone as to how to make it save changes and failing that then suggestions for a cheap secondhand Netgear model to look for.

Thanks. Nick

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom