Star Trek 4 - (tbc) Noah Hawley

No, current Trek on TV is woke dogsh#t.

Woke defined by the dictionary means "alert to injustice in society, especially racism"

So does this mean you want your Trek to be more racist and have no justice or morality tales? Cause I think that Trek might not be the show for you.

Attachments

• ViacomCBS_ Get Ready For A Lot More ‘Star Trek’.pdf
    244 KB · Views: 130
Woke defined by the dictionary means "alert to injustice in society, especially racism"

So does this mean you want your Trek to be more racist and have no justice or morality tales? Cause I think that Trek might not be the show for you.
Anyone who has ever watched Star Trek knows it's been woke and subversive from the start. It's part of what makes it so magnificent.

The Outcast aired in 1992 for Christ's sake.

Plato's_Stepchildren_kiss.jpg

Lenara_Kahn_and_Jadzia_Dax_kiss.jpg

It's just a link to the Forbes site no reason it should be blocked.

That was my point the show is the original woke show. God I hate that word, seems to have lost all and any meaning.
It's a word used by people who've been left behind and think it's a new phenomenon.

If Buffy was playing now it would be considered by some to be the root of all evil instead of one of the most perfect shows in the history of television.

The term 'Woke' has been latched onto by, in general, ignorant internet users who don't really know what it means. Woke can be and is always a good thing when written well, or very poor when written badly.

The furthest back Woke I can think of is Charlton Hestons classic 'Planet of the Apes'. Which was ultimately about racism and mans violence against man. Both of which are ultimately pointless and stupid.

Mentioning the brilliant Woke Planet of the Apes, which is a 10 by the way and its Mark Wahlberg remake a 5, there is only one good line in that remake, which funnily enough was said by Charlton Heston himself playing a dying ape. He said -

There is only one thing more powerful than mans ingenuity, and that is mans cruelty.

So Star Trek Woke dogshit? Nope.

So what should the strategy be for new Trek movies? Do we need Trek movies now that CBS is building a whole new TV universe?

If they do move forward with a new movie I don’t think the current crew is the right choice they need tie it into the CBS Prime timeline, but I am not really sure what they should actually do. I would still like to see adventures in the big screen, maybe one last movie with select crew from TNG/DS9/VOY.

They need to ditch Pine et al now, and with them the entire concept of turning Star Trek into a Hollywood actioner like they tried with Beyond.

That's not what makes Star Trek nor what it's about.

Personally I'm not fussed about any more movies, I'd rather see TV development. But seeing as this is the movie thread I'd welcome some features that tied into stuff from TV. Spin-off's I guess I mean.

They could make Star Trek anthology feature films for streaming platforms. First off, the ultimate wokest Trek film ever, titled Midnight's Edge, just to trigger that tinfoil snowflake dogshit fake Trek news brigade.

We all know it ain't happening
Yeah. tbh, even though I'm a massive Star Trek fan, they need to keep clear of the movies for at least 5 years.

They need to build up the audience on the TV shows then try movies again.
There is not the audience to make a movie enough money.

Brand new crew of a failed film franchise - just can't see it getting funded unless big names in the cast, which is most unlikely
Awww, come on.
This Noah Hawley Trek movie is pretty much the only hope I have left for a franchise I once loved but that now has Alex Kurtzman's grubby mitts all over it.
It might tell a coherent story.
It might have characters who take their job semi-seriously.

IMAGINE THAT!

Yeah. tbh, even though I'm a massive Star Trek fan, they need to keep clear of the movies for at least 5 years.

They need to build up the audience on the TV shows then try movies again.
There is not the audience to make a movie enough money.

To be fair it's been quite a few years already, and it'll be quite a few more before it's ready for release.

I think starting work on it now makes sense.

Don't want to see any Kirk or Spock though, this needs to be a new chapter.

I've always got time for a Trek film, with the exception of Beyond and Nemesis of course.

I've always got time for a Trek film, with the exception of Beyond and Nemesis of course.
Generations and Insurrection were excellent
at curing insomnia

Generations and Insurrection were excellent
at curing insomnia

I don't mind Generations. The legends of Shatner and Stewart together elevates it greatly.

Insurrection is a bit pants but I'd still watch it in a Trek marathon. Only the two I mentioned above I'd skip.

Star Trek movies - is it a viable open universe franchise wise ? Can a movie with any (new?)?character in any star trek universe setting financially actually work (I’d see it though ) ? Or is it now realistically some version of the Kirk Spock and McCoy etc Adventure whoever plays them ? I’d argue given the caution of studios it’s the latter - we did have 4 next gen films at one time but the franchise was much stronger then - personally I think any well done Kirk era tale - the Tarantino version even ? - could re start the franchise again

So it’s not Star Trek 4 then, it’s a reboot ?
Not a reboot, just a different crew, just like TNG, DS9 and VOY are different crews in the same universe

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom