Star Trek: Deep Space Nine; Seasons 1 - 7 (new slimline packs)

sy278

Established Member
Reaction score
The TNG slimline sets dropped from this price quite quickly to £17.99 or as low as £13.99 on some instances, so I would advise to hold on a little longer :)

The TNG slimline sets dropped from this price quite quickly to £17.99 or as low as £13.99 on some instances, so I would advise to hold on a little longer :)

Actually they were not that quick. They were still well over £20 for about 6 months.

It's amazing how low they have got but it has taken 4 years just to get them re-released. I couldn't wait that long and got them on the year they first came out.

I think personaly im going to wait for HD versions of all the series. I know that the re-mastered TOS is coming out on either HD DVD or Blu Ray (or both) soon enough.
First Contact is also coming out on HD DVD, so its just a matter of time before next gen, DS9 and voyager come out.

Enterprise was filmed in HD so thats another no-brainer for them.

I would rather wait and hopefully get all the shows in smaller box sets (less disks due to being on Blu Ray or HD DVD)

Doing the other series in HD might not be that easy. As, they were edited on video for the special effects. The source would have to be completely redone (compared to film source for TOS). That could take a long time for every episode of TNG, DS9 and Voyager. Enterprise on the other hand would be a piece of cake to do.

Just because it is on HD format. I bet they won't be one season per disc as that is would just make the quality SD quality. I can't see how even reduced number of discs make smaller sets when the size of the re-released sets are already small enough. I also dread to think how much they would cost when/if they come out.

Actually they were not that quick. They were still well over £20 for about 6 months.

It's amazing how low they have got but it has taken 4 years just to get them re-released. I couldn't wait that long and got them on the year they first came out.

Deffo went lower quick than that, I picked up seasons 1 & 2 for £17.99 last summer and they only came out end of May.

But ike AML, I may do the crazy thing and wait for a HD-DVD release :rolleyes:

Considering the reception re-master TOS has got on alot of forums, what would people prefer, no TNG/DS9/VOY on HD-DVD/Blu-Ray or re-mastered TNG/DS9/VOY with new CGI effects?

i think really only Next Generation could so with havingseasons 1-3 of its effects altered. And perhaps deep sapce nine but really only in the shape shifting scenes which look ropey as hell now.

I would only rebuy them if they had been tweaked in some way

If what AML said about all the effects for TNG/DS9/VOY being done on video is true then every episode of every season of TNG/DS9/VOY would need to be re-done for them to be released on HD-DVD or Blu-Ray.

Would fans be happy with this is what I wanted to know?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom