Star Trek: Discovery Season 2 Review & Comments

Agree. Been watching a lot of Next Gen again recently and despite some dud performances here and there its very well written and imaginitive, and Picard remains the best Captain (for me) by light years. It still amazes me how forward thinking it is and how futuristic a lot of it still looks (despite an almost 30 year vintage).

But I can't wait for the next Discovery episode either. It's just brimming with potential.

Totally agree ... Picard was / is great & the TNG episodes are generally excellent & very ‘entertaining’.

There are some real stand out episodes too and I really enjoy the Q episodes. The dialogue between Picard & Q was incredibly well written & very witty at times too.

Totally agree ... Picard was / is great & the TNG episodes are generally excellent & very ‘entertaining’.

There are some real stand out episodes too and I really enjoy the Q episodes. The dialogue between Picard & Q was incredibly well written & very witty at times too.

Absolutely. John DeLancie was a delight.

Does anyone else have an issue with the netflix 1080p stream? Image is fine, audio is mostly fine but voices sound distorted.

...on the other hand TNG I enjoyed when it came out I found across all the seasons there was less episodes that I found outstanding compared with all the others.
For me, the episodes that are the most memorable (with the exceptions of "Yesterday's Enterprise" and the Borg episodes) are all from the last couple of seasons.

I think it was "Horror" that repeated TNG reasonably recently, but like DS9 that they're showing at the moment, I couldn't bring myself to watch a single episode.

And Enterprise I hated when it came out now like the best.:eek:
I rewatched all of them on "Horror" last year. I still think there's something indefinably "off" about them, but I do like them...if nothing else they don't feature either "Guinan" or "Q" thankfully.

I've been a 'Star Trek ' fan since the first episode aired on BBC1 in 1969...
Was it '69, I thought the BBC began showing it in 1970? I've been watching it longer than I'd thought... :)

...fanboy produced, Trekkie wet-dream dross. :eek:
I'll not have that...you mean TREKKER wet-dream dross.

After all, us Trekkies realise that Trek is just a TV show and a bit of fun, not a "fly on the wall" documentary series. :D

John DeLancie, who plays Q in all Star treks forms is nothing less than a delight!

And bloody funny Mon Capitan....

....really enjoy the Q episodes.
Good grief, "Q" was one of the things I hated most about "Farpoint" (which put me off the show for good).

John DeLancie is a great actor, but "Q" really got on my nerves. Whichever series of Trek he popped up in, my heart always sank when it turned out to be a "Q" episode...

Does anyone else have an issue with the netflix 1080p stream? Image is fine, audio is mostly fine but voices sound distorted.
Not so much voices but have issues with odd background noises, like a static sound. Depends on what I'm watching

Not so much voices but have issues with odd background noises, like a static sound. Depends on what I'm watching

Thanks. Most shows on netflix are fine but Star Trek for some reason exhibits distorted voices. No idea why, and I have yet to talk to someone who experiences the same.

Thanks. Most shows on netflix are fine but Star Trek for some reason exhibits distorted voices. No idea why, and I have yet to talk to someone who experiences the same.
It's is rather odd. Not sure about star trek, il check later. Definitely punisher season 2 with me. I wasn't sure if it was my set up.

You’re not alone. I’ve not noticed it on anything other than Star Trek and I don’t know if it’s deliberate, but it’s very distracting.

Oh thanks, that's curiously good to hear. Too bad it's happening, though.

Very late to the show both figuratively and literally. Great first episode with returning characters and a few new ones.
Pike looks very interesting but I'm not quite sure the crew should have got over their doubts so quickly but we'll see.

From an audio/visual perspective the picture quality is excellent, but the audio is easily the best Dolby Digital+ 5.1 mix I have heard from a TV show. Couple that with the Dolby Surround up-mixing algorithm to get 5.1.2 audio and it sounds amazing. The music completely surrounds you and there are even discrete height effects. But the when the 4 ships go through the asteroid field? WOW!

Last edited by a moderator:
How good was the season finale yesterday!

That has to be the most expensive bit of effects work ever for a TV show? The action didn’t let up for the full hour.

Loved it! :thumbsup:

Great finale to a great show.

But what we need now is a spin-off show featuring Captain Pike, Spock and Number One on The Enterprise. :)

I think Anson Mount as Pike is easily my favourite 'Star Trek' captain since James T. Kirk.

Last edited:
Greta finale to a great show.

But what we need now is a spin-off show featuring Captain Pike, Spock and Number One on The Enterprise. :)

I think Anson Mount as Pike is easily my favourite 'Star Trek' captain since James T. Kirk.
He pretty much single handedly turned the show around for me. But I don't think I could take it knowing how his story ends!

Greta finale to a great show.

He pretty much single handedly turned the show around for me. But I don't think I could take it knowing how his story ends!

I agree ... If anything the introduction of Pike has both elevated interest in the show and added a character with huge credibility. Pike has carried Season 2 of Discovery, so much so that it has over shadowed the inferior core characters of the show IMO. Bernham & Co by coparison feel indecisive, weak and vulnerable compared to the strong leadership & command qualities of Pike and which are far more befitting of a star ship officer.

I agree ... If anything the introduction of Pike has both elevated interest in the show and added a character with huge credibility. Pike has carried Season 2 of Discovery, so much so that it has over shadowed the inferior core characters of the show IMO. Bernham & Co by coparison feel indecisive, weak and vulnerable compared to the strong leadership & command qualities of Pike and which are far more befitting of a star ship officer.

I like Pike - but he get's led by the nose by Michael in pretty much every episode.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom