Star Trek General Chat

Wasn't this cat in the original series?

thumbnail.jpeg

:)
Bri

Sulu's cut lines from the Wrath Of Khan I'am sure the Trek aficionados already know about this but it was a surprise for me.

Alone Together: A DS9 Companion
Set 25 years after the events of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Alone Together follows Dr. Julian Bashir as he goes to visit his old friend Elim Garak on Cardassia, and uncovers a dark secret in the process.

I found the one in the original series it says the other one called Lokai and its wanted for crimes. :rolleyes: :laugh:
aa BW cat right way.jpg

During the week I watched the TNG episode Yesterday's Enterprise and also First Contact. Both quite short and sweet. They were way better than Picard and reminded of why I like Star Trek. Picard could have been told in less than half the time it had and it would have been all the better for it.

Bri
brand-dark.svg
About our ads

DS9: watched S1 and bailed, but I keep meaning to go back.
I'm working my way through the entire series via a Box Set and it's actually better than I remembered it from the 90's.

As is typical with "Trek", the first few Seasons are variable in quality of storytelling (mostly due to budget and time restraints), but improves dramatically from Season 3/4.

The acting is of a very high quality, the characters are memorable and the FX still stands up today (unlike "Babylon 5"). The picture is also surprisingly good for DVD on a 65" OLED.

Go back and this time persevere! :)

Last edited:
Okay, I know this is a "Trek" Thread, but this was mentioned by @scrowe all the way back at Post #6 - "The Orville" is "TNG" brought into the 21st century.

It's a truly wonderful love letter to the show, looks fantastic (even on DVD!), has great opening theme tune/credits, is superbly acted, has tremendous FX and is perfect for anyone put off by "Discovery" and its darker tone.

Amazon product ASIN B07XW6TV6Z

Last edited:
Oh, and I absolutely must mention "Star Trek: Continues" - one of the best fan productions ever and is a pure joy from start to finish.

Again, a love letter to "TOS" which is so uncannily recreated it's like you're back in the 60's all over again.

Last edited:
Has to be Blu-Ray IMO, the remastered footage and recreated space battle scenes need to be seen to be believed :eek:

I got the US 2 Disc release last year and while not cheap it was worth every penny.
How the hell did you manage to find one of those?

All I could get was the 1-disc edition via Ebay, which is currently selling for around £20:

I know the second disc has some extra features. Is it worth busting my arse to try and procure one just for this or will the 1-disc suffice? This is a loaded question by the way, I will be gutted if you say the 1-disc is not enough!

Last edited:
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
How the hell did you manage to find one of those?

All I could get was the 1-disc edition via Ebay, which is currently selling for around £20:

I know the second disc has some extra features. Is it worth busting my arse to try and procure one just for this or will the 1-disc suffice? This is a loaded question by the way, I will be gutted if you say the 1-disc is not enough!

The 2 disc version was a retailer exclusive in the US so I used Bluraysforeveryone to secure a copy and I guess on reflection it probably was not worth paying the premium over the standard release but it is still a great documentary that I thoroughly enjoyed.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
The 2 disc version was a retailer exclusive in the US so I used Bluraysforeveryone to secure a copy and I guess on reflection it probably was not worth paying the premium over the standard release but it is still a great documentary that I thoroughly enjoyed.
Woah, I've just checked out the website - $58!:eek: It's now sold out anyway.

I think I'll stick with my 1-disc edition! The round table discussion sounds interesting, but I'll just have to live without it.

I'm still working my way through my Box Set (now at Season 5), but once it's done I'll watch the doc. I'm looking forward to the HD footage, though it does look surprisingly good in SD, far better than I expected.

Woah, I've just checked out the website - $58!:eek: It's now sold out anyway.

I think I'll stick with my 1-disc edition! The round table discussion sounds interesting, but I'll just have to live without it.

I'm still working my way through my Box Set (now at Season 5), but once it's done I'll watch the doc. I'm looking forward to the HD footage, though it does look surprisingly good in SD, far better than I expected.

Think it was $30 when I bought it but that was a pre-order.

Not exactly star trek but worth a mention here imo

Oh for sure film is no doubt "bad" in many ways but sci-fi parody with that line up, i'm gonna watch.

Filmed way back in 2013 went through reshoots and stuff.

Any ideas of a disc release or is it purely streaming?
Its supposed to premiere august 1st at some live virtual con of some sort.
On demand video service will be announced then as well, with home video following in months after i believe.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom