Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan on iTunes

Barrovian

Prominent Member
Reaction score
The director's cut of STII:TWOK is available on iTunes for £7.99. It's not got iTunes extras, but is shown as being 4K HDR. I was all ready to buy it, but then noticed the HD edition at £6.99 and that's got extras, and included in them is the director's cut. But there is no mention of the director's cut extra being the 4KHDR version. I know it's a long shot, but has anyone here bought the HD version? Is the included director's cut in 4K or HD?

The director's cut of STII:TWOK is available on iTunes for £7.99. It's not got iTunes extras, but is shown as being 4K HDR. I was all ready to buy it, but then noticed the HD edition at £6.99 and that's got extras, and included in them is the director's cut. But there is no mention of the director's cut extra being the 4KHDR version. I know it's a long shot, but has anyone here bought the HD version? Is the included director's cut in 4K or HD?

Any movie I’ve bought on iTunes that’s had a second movie as an extra has always been of lower quality that the orginal title bought.

So no, there is a very good chance that the directors cut is not 4k.

You can always buy it and try it. If it’s not what you want ask for a refund.

This film is available on Sky in 4K, unfortunately it is not worth paying £7.99 on ITunes (if that version is the same quality) It looks like a 2K upscale, the picture is very soft in some parts and during the opening titles the titles shake side to side. I know this is common in films of this vintage but is an easy fix during remastering today. So if it is the same master avoid it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom