Star Trek Recuring Tropes.

Garrett

Reaction score
Just spotted one of the original series last night and though I know how this ends and to say they have a non interference the bugger it up for a lot of things.
In two of the original series people are living on a planet quite blissfully possibly for ever and they change all that. This Side of Paradise and Metamorphosis. There interference causes someone who starting to die have his love/companion die Requiem for Methuselah
The have a number of episodes where contact contact in the past altered the shape of a planet for the worse, Also change the shape of an alternate reality future.

One of the things about TOS, and this was very much carried over into TNG era is the American imperialism. How often would the Enterprise turn up at a place see the natives doing something that was against the way it was done on Earth (i.e. the US) and they would show them the error of their ways.

Any by the end of the episode the alien of the week would see the error of their way and adopt the Federation way.

One of the things about TOS, and this was very much carried over into TNG era is the American imperialism. How often would the Enterprise turn up at a place see the natives doing something that was against the way it was done on Earth (i.e. the US) and they would show them the error of their ways.

Any by the end of the episode the alien of the week would see the error of their way and adopt the Federation way.

And that the ironic thing about that is that it is a Roddenberry statement, about how racist and militarised the American police force is. And still is today. He was making a point.

And that the ironic thing about that is that it is a Roddenberry statement, about how racist and militarised the American police force is. And still is today. He was making a point.

I have never heard this said before, do you have a link to some material that details this? It’s never been mentioned in any documentary or behind the scenes special features that I have seen?

Last edited:
I have never heard this verd before, do you have a link to some material that details this? It’s never been mentioned in any documentary or behind the scenes special features that I have seen?

I don't sorry, zantarous. The nearest analogy I can think of would be Planet of the Apes.

Yes that one of the thinks I was referring to on the OP were they tell a race how they must follow the American constitution to the letter. in the episode The Omega Glory

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom