Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (AKA Pike series)

zantarous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We all knew it was just a matter of time, they had spent the money on those expensive sets, I do wonder what the hold up was though.
in-art-close-icon-128x128-16481b937f87b244a645cdbef0d930f8.png
–– ADVERTISEMENT ––​
unmiss-sound-button-muted-e74d67a0c85c3548f07d7564782a269c.svg

With that title you would think this is going to the episodic show that some people are wishing for.

A definite no-brainer. It will probably be the most popular series of them all for CBS and Netflix and/or Amazon.

I know a lot of people were hoping CBS would green light a Pike series and so glad it has happened.

Strange New Worlds is going to blow everyting out the water...WOW just WOW that this is happening.

It was a stroke of genius to have Discovery intertwined with Pike and the Enterprise, Disco series 2 was superb, and then to show that bridge scene right at the end CBS must have known that it would cause a huge stir with Trek fans wanting more.

Its going to be so good..!!!

Does this mean I need to watch Discovery now then as well?! o_O

Fall 2021 seems so far away, it seems pre-production has been going on for months already, and much of the major designs were already done fir Discovery S2. I wonder how much the lockdowns have delayed them.

Nice to have confirmation isn't it, as the short treks i think hinted as much last year.

Looking forwards it.

TOS era + modern special effects = the possibility of great TV.

I really enjoyed these characters in Discovery, so rather looking forward to this - whenever it might air, but I'm guessing 2022 at this rate sadly.

CBS also managed to make the current two Star Trek series financially viable due to international streaming deals with Netflix (Discovery) and Amazon (Picard). It's rumoured the fees from Netflix covered all the Discovery production costs, so their CBS All Access product in the USA was just extra profit on top. I cannot see Amazon or Netflix paying as much for this series - they won't get the same big boost in subscriber numbers as 99% of Star Trek fans will have already signed up for Picard or Discovery respectively on their streaming service. With them therefore probably wanting and able to pay much less, I worry the Strange New World episode budget will either be more limited or we risk it being cancelled when the numbers stop adding up.

But, for the moment, I am enjoying what seems to be another golden era for Star Trek!

I cannot see Amazon or Netflix paying as much for this series - they won't get the same big boost in subscriber numbers as 99% of Star Trek fans will have already signed up for Picard or Discovery respectively on their streaming service.

Are you having a joke? If not why not?

I think this could be the biggest of the modern TV treks in terms of it's fan base, its back to the very beginning but here's the thing it's an almost open empty book (we know Pike and the Enterprise weren't in the Klingon War as they were on their 5 year mission) so besides a few novels they have a lot of space to maneuver in. It would be nice to see them introduce Robert April at some point.
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Robert_April

It will come down to the writing at the end of the day no matter how great the cast is.

I don't know about anyone else but I want a proper Star Trek theme tune for this show, I'am not a fan of Discovery's tune and Picard is just rubbish, this new show has all the ingredients to be sensational so some top notch music is needed for the intro please CBS.

I don't know about anyone else but I want a proper Star Trek theme tune for this show, I'am not a fan of Discovery's tune and Picard is just rubbish, this new show has all the ingredients to be sensational so some top notch music is needed for the intro please CBS.

Oh c'mon.... it's going to be a riff on the original TOS theme. Heck its got to be.

Really. Good. News. Pike - yey and more Spock - double yey. Looking forward to this one.

Can't wait for this Pike-led series, well i hope he's the lead

3/4 of the way though of all seasons of Hell on Wheels and Anson been brilliant in it and look forward if Anson's the main character in this to getting to watch some how.

lets face it - Anton MADE Pike his own ...

Anson's character in Marvel's Inhumans did not have much too say for himself :D , the show was a critical flop.

I'm glad Pike turned out a winning success for the actor and fans

If the show is a huge success the stars of the show will be forever Star Trek favourites...I'am sure they know only too well what they are in for.

Anson's character in Marvel's Inhumans did not have much too say for himself :D

I'm really happy I haven't watched The Inhumans and I want to keep it that way. The latest 3rd series of Star Trek really rocks.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom