Star Wars Anthology: Boba Fett Origin... (2018) directed by James Mangold

So I see we're going to play it safe by staying ridgidly to original trilogy characters going forward. Dissapointed, but I guess this is where we're at post-Last Jedi; where the studio probably feels like it cant ever go off the reservation ever again lest fandom throws another temper tantrum.

That said, I can't think of a better director for Fett than Mangold. Please though, ditch the comedy for this one. I dont want another 'fun' movie, I'd prefer something awesome.

Completely un-necessary movie. Fett was a small side player who definitely does not need any further backstory or indeed any other story in my opinion. Never seen the fuss at all about the character.

This movie has reared it’s head again all of a sudden? I think this will be the sequel to Solo a Star Wars story but focus more on Fett than Han.

More star wars the merrier for me. And I'm more than happy for these stand alone films to come out - we already know that Rian Johnson and the GoT helmers are bringing out their own trilogies so people who are hoping for stuff that veers away from the usual suspects will hopefully be kept happy with that.

I'm hoping that rather than the Solo trilogy they use this as the second one and then either the rumored Jabba film as the third or I'd be up for a Lando film. Not sure i understand why people are worried about star wars being diluted by this recent flurry of films, not sure I care either.

This movie has reared it’s head again all of a sudden? I think this will be the sequel to Solo a Star Wars story but focus more on Fett than Han.
I had assumed like everyone else, this will be a prequel like Solo and R1. As no premise has surfaced from Lucasfilm, does anyone think there is a chance Mangold could surprise and make this a sequel to Jedi? As we're currently discovering, some key players seem incapable of staying dead...;)

Definitely no return for Temuera Morrison though thanks. Karl Urban will do nicely. :thumbsup:

More star wars the merrier for me. And I'm more than happy for these stand alone films to come out - we already know that Rian Johnson and the GoT helmers are bringing out their own trilogies so people who are hoping for stuff that veers away from the usual suspects will hopefully be kept happy with that.

I'm hoping that rather than the Solo trilogy they use this as the second one and then either the rumored Jabba film as the third or I'd be up for a Lando film. Not sure i understand why people are worried about star wars being diluted by this recent flurry of films, not sure I care either.

More Star Wars for me too :thumbsup:. Got no time for the 'Disney killed Star Wars' brigade.

I think with me the issue is too much focus on OT characters and not enough exploration of what is a BIG galaxy. So much lore to adapt, so many time periods to explore. Yet the plan seems to be a movie per character. Where will it end? Lando the movie. Yoda the movie. Wedge the movie. Ackbar the movie...

I like the idea of filling gaps in the timeline and dramatising important events- as Rogue One did. A film set between episodes 6 & 7 is badly needed IMO, and also something before Phantom menace. A New Hope time period has been rinsed.

More Star Wars for me too :thumbsup:. Got no time for the 'Disney killed Star Wars' brigade.

I think with me the issue is too much focus on OT characters and not enough exploration of what is a BIG galaxy. So much lore to adapt, so many time periods to explore. Yet the plan seems to be a movie per character. Where will it end? Lando the movie. Yoda the movie. Wedge the movie. Ackbar the movie...

I like the idea of filling gaps in the timeline and dramatising important events- as Rogue One did. A film set between episodes 6 & 7 is badly needed IMO, and also something before Phantom menace. A New Hope time period has been rinsed.
But like I said, Johnson and the GoT guys will scratch that itch.

I’m so confused, we have a couple-writer and director. We haven’t had this officially announced have we?

I don't know why everyone makes so much noise about a Boba Fett movie. The character was killed off as a joke in Return of the Jedi. The outfit he wears is cool but look past that and he is very much over-rated. I think he should remain in the Sarlac's digestive system and become what he is destined to in a thousand years...

Title confirmed for Boba Fett movie

272263_1.jpg

I hope the Boba film isn't about his origin since that's already covered in Attack Of The Clones. I'd prefer this one to be set post-ROTJ because Lucasfilm need to also make films that fill the massive 30-year gap between Episodes VI and VII, and not just concentrate on the Episode III to IV 18-year period.
It can explain that he escaped the Sarlacc in ROTJ thanks to his armour and jetpack.
He could now be working for a new crime lord, with Jabba now dead. Also I think the movie shouldn't be from Boba's POV otherwise that'll kill his villainous reputation if we start sympathising with him. Better that someone else is the main character who has a price on his head and he's therefore on the run with Boba hot on his heels.

Given that the Solo film is not doing as great as they hoped, I can't see them actually going ahead with this.

Outside of Star Wars fans will anyone actually know who Boba Fett is?

Given that the Solo film is not doing as great as they hoped, I can't see them actually going ahead with this.

Outside of Star Wars fans will anyone actually know who Boba Fett is?
This^
I’m a fan and I don’t feel the need to see this.

Given how the box office has dropped off a cliff, even from my post on 1st June, surely this is a dead end now this film?

I'm surprised there hasn't been an announcement somewhere (probably hidden away) that this project has been terminated.

Given how the box office has dropped off a cliff, even from my post on 1st June, surely this is a dead end now this film?

I'm surprised there hasn't been an announcement somewhere (probably hidden away) that this project has been terminated.
To much negativity surrounding Star Wars & Disney at the moment, they’ll drop it amongst another big story later in year.

While I really wante solo sequels and I do feel for the cast as they did a good job, Disney need to lay low on Star Wars, rethink it all and come back next April swinging at Celebration refocused

If the future of the spin offs was already in doubt (after the box office poison that was Solo), the tv series The Mandalorian (covering similar ground)must surely be the death knell for the Boba Fett one. Luscafilm are obviously happy pursuing tv in big way now for next year's new streaming service.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom