Star Wars Dilemma

RAINS

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Zavvi have all the above @ 2 for £30 but....

do i buy these?
buy the full box set of my friend for £150?
wait for the new Apple TV 4K and subscribe to Disney +

:thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow:facepalm::facepalm:

I doubt apple are releasing a 2nd gen apple TV 4k. What's the point? Just get the one that came out in 2017 iirc and watch disney+on that.

Zavvi have all the above @ 2 for £30 but....

do i buy these?
buy the full box set of my friend for £150?
wait for the new Apple TV 4K and subscribe to Disney +

:thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow:facepalm::facepalm:
I was put off the box set when I read the Amazon reviews saying the cardboard sleeve scratched some of the disks.

I was put off the box set when I read the Amazon reviews saying the cardboard sleeve scratched some of the disks.
No problem with mine, I am careful though.
If the OP wants all of the films then the box set looks good
Must check all discs though.

I had the exact same dilemma mate. In the end I decided that it’s worth having the best version, even if the upgrade is only minor. So, if money isn’t much of a factor, then go for it.

Definitely the best looking versions. But as I'm sure you all know, they are very far from the theatrical releases. I've got the Blu Rays somewhere and the original theatrical releases which were literally chucked onto the Special Edition bonus DVDs from laser disc.

I now have the fan restored originals and others. So with all that said, I have a similar dilema, do I buy Mr Lucas's custo(loboto)mised versions. Probably not since I now have originals.

Last edited by a moderator:
i just want digital. that's all i purchase now.

Disney + I have to say is worth it for the 7 complete Clone Wars series AND Mandalorian alone.

Season 2 coming soon for Mandalorian and a new Clone Wars series (Bad Batch) coming as well. Add all the Star Wars movies in 4k Dolby Atmos and it is great value if someone is willing to invest the time into all the content.

However, you'll never really 'own' any content. Cancel your membership and you have nothing to show for it. No TV series, nothing, You are just renting the content on Disney + as long as you subscribe - like Sky TV.

Apple 4K - I've not looked at this as I don't like Apple, but I do know they have a great library of 4K content to purchase as well. No subscription needed (I think?), you just need the means to play the purchased content on an Apple compatible device or app.

If 'owning' the content is important - in the best quality, then go for the discs. I have the BD box set and 4K discs and they all look and sound excellent.

Sooner or later, physical media may be gone (I hope not) but as long as you have working hardware for the discs, then that is many years of enjoyment.

I have the Clone Wars and all the movies on disc, but that doesn't mean I can't have Disney +.

I've just gone with both. Best of both worlds.

HMV also have the discs in the 2 for 30 offer including non SW movies. I would rather purchase from HMV or Zoom or Amazon.

Zavvi are a last resort for me and would only go there if what I am looking for is not available anywhere else.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom