Star Wars Dvd News

Yeah, I have heard about this sometime last year, no I am not at all surprised, oh well as long as the films come with a John Williams Dolby six-track music score on one of the audio tracks for each film that will be just fine…

This will take up a lot of the DVD storage space; HD-DVD is on the horizon and something tells me there will be yet another realise…

And lord knows this may represent a 7th Dolby six-track version of Star Wars episode 4 a new hope…

So if you are a laserdisc owner, keep it I have kept the Star Wars Definitive collection THX box set NTSC and the Star Wars special edition THX box set NTSC, Return of the Jedi widescreen NTSC and a rare Pal version pressing Star Wars episode 4 a new hope, which is not on the opening of the film, this is how it was shown in 1977, the disc is a pan & scan edition with Dolby stereo surround, on the analogue track.

http://www.jmgkorea.com/image/cinemasolution/4645c.gif

But hay…

….It’s only a movie…

Alfred Hitchcock.

JBL 4645 said:
This will take up a lot of the DVD storage space; HD-DVD is on the horizon and something tells me there will be yet another realise…

I don't think I'll be dipping into another SW boxset until the hi-def formats are out. I've already got all 5 films on standard dvd, can't see any reason to buy them all again for a few extras.

JBL 4645 said:
....and a rare Pal version pressing Star Wars episode 4 a new hope, which is not on the opening of the film, this is how it was shown in 1977, the disc is a pan & scan edition with Dolby stereo surround, on the analogue track.

Have you any idea what this is worth, I have a copy of this (and the 9 Disc NTSC and the Special Edition) just like you

I'm more excited about the 2007 3D edition of epsiodes 4-6 :thumbsup:

Pete

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom