Star Wars: Episode 9 IX - The Rise of Skywalker (Spoiler Free Discussion Thread) Tagged Spoilers Only

I am one with the force

• Total voters
Star Wars is so mass market it will always be divisive and the next movie will be no different....

There'll be rants and praise galore!

I don't think Boyega has been overly critical at all. His story was probably the weakest of them main three characters in TLJ although, he had a poignant moment on Crait which was important.

I did a couple of press things with John Boyega, one before he was famous and he came across as a lovely guy. Still does.

His comments, saying the Last Jedi was a "bit iffy" and he didn't agree with "certain choices" are probably ill-advised at this stage. He could have waited until much later on in his career.

Once the new movie comes out it will probably all be forgotten but he may want to work with Rian Johnson again!!

No big deal, mind.

And now a surprisingly candid JJ... -

Last edited:
1576160236754.png

1576160257482.png

Anyone wondering where the hell Mark Hamill is for the ROS press tour. Very conspicuous very his absence considering he gets top billing...

Another trailer!

Can't believe this has appeared after the gaggle of tv spots! Be interested to see how much this spoils when I watch it AFTER next Thursday. Very much looking forward to next week. Feels like Christmas arriving a little early!

Can't believe this has appeared after the gaggle of tv spots! Be interested to see how much this spoils when I watch it AFTER next Thursday. Very much looking forward to next week. Feels like Christmas arriving a little early!

I didn't watch it. Temptation is strong but we're too close now.

I'm gonna watch that trailer later.

The Emperor has made me weak, and the dark side is too strong!

Watching the film Thurs, no need to see more trailers.

I won't be going till toward the New Year, and with my great short term memory, I should be ok by then :laugh:

I need to wait to Sunday 22nd when my family can come along. I have entered a comp for a preview on Wednesday. Fingers crossed.

I caved, and yeah that's a pretty unnecessary trailer to bother releasing. The first half of it pretty much confirms something I've thought anyway, so I'm not too bothered.

But it is a pretty big spoiler nevertheless, and don't know why they'd see fit to put that out there a week before release. There are some really daft decisions made sometimes.

I've only watched the first trailer, seat booked for Friday morning, 42 years after first seeing A New Hope in the cinema I'am still excited to see a new Star Wars movie.

I caved, and yeah that's a pretty unnecessary trailer to bother releasing. The first half of it pretty much confirms something I've thought anyway, so I'm not too bothered.

But it is a pretty big spoiler nevertheless, and don't know why they'd see fit to put that out there a week before release. There are some really daft decisions made sometimes.

Yes, really don't see the point, keen fans will have bought tickets, casual fans won't understand how fairy significant that footage is.

7 days to go for me, will be in Leicester Square with my son and best mate this time next week!

Have many of you had your tickets at Odeon cancelled?

I had booked for the early hours of Thursday morning at the Leeds Dolby screen and my tickets were cancelled yesterday, so now no notice to get decent seats at any of the early showings.

It's a shame as the early showings work well for watching the film and then doing a day in the office.

With the amount of money they'll be taking Thursday alone you'd have thought they could absorb some losses - I'll go back to using the Showcase in future but if cinema chains are starting to cancel showings with not enough bookings maybe it's a sign of bad times ahead.
Thank you for your booking with us to see Star Wars on Thursday 19th at 05:30

Due to low sales, we have made the decision to cancel showings between 1am and 9am on the 19th, and unfortunately your performance is one of those affected.

Our web team are unable to refund your booking, as you have collected your ticket, so please keep it safe as it will be needed for the refund.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom