Star Wars: Episode 9 IX - The Rise of Skywalker (Spoiler Free Discussion Thread) Tagged Spoilers Only

I am one with the force

• Total voters
At half five in the morning?
It's hard to blame them!
I imagine it'll make its billion dollars from people seeing it at more human times of day!

I've seen films like the Dark Knight at that time and the cinema was packed. But I guess it depends on the area you're in and how many people there are.

I've seen the advanced debut of Blade Runner at Midnight if that counts.

Have many of you had your tickets at Odeon cancelled?

I had booked for the early hours of Thursday morning at the Leeds Dolby screen and my tickets were cancelled yesterday, so now no notice to get decent seats at any of the early showings.

It's a shame as the early showings work well for watching the film and then doing a day in the office.

With the amount of money they'll be taking Thursday alone you'd have thought they could absorb some losses - I'll go back to using the Showcase in future but if cinema chains are starting to cancel showings with not enough bookings maybe it's a sign of bad times ahead.
If there were any 5.30am showings near me, I'd have been up for it. Couldn't face a midnight showing as I would have ending up napping, but a super early slot just before work would have been spot on. As it is, I'll be going with the masses on Thursday evening instead. Looking forward to everyone's early spoiler free reactions on here.

I've seen the advanced debut of Blade Runner at Midnight if that counts.

he insane.gif

I've seen films like the Dark Knight at that time and the cinema was packed. But I guess it depends on the area you're in and how many people there are.
Same here - I saw Dark Knight in Nottingham and that was one of the busiest showings I've ever been too of any film other than Avatar or the Avengers films and that was a 5am start.

There are usually early showings of the Avengers in Leeds too, I find the 5/6am showings easier as you get to watch it early and then head to work straight away so don't need to take time off - you still get the folks who are bladdered in the early showings who are finishing their nights off. It's a funny mixture at times.

In hindsight, that last trailer wasn't too bad really. What you saw onscreen 100% of people will assume happens anyway at some point.

That's it though, I need to leave Twitter and news feeds. There is a voracious appetite online to spoil films for other people so who knows who will drop things in the mix from about NOW I would have thought.

I have a nostalgia article about my love of Star Wars which I'll put up in the General Star Wars area but other than that:

Enjoy the movie ---there is nothing like a new Star Wars film, with the John Williams' score blazing and let's be honest, there is nothing quite like the thrill of not knowing what will happen and in this case; how things END.

In hindsight, that last trailer wasn't too bad really. What you saw onscreen 100% of people will assume happens anyway at some point.

That's it though, I need to leave Twitter and news feeds. There is a voracious appetite online to spoil films for other people so who knows who will drop things in the mix from about NOW I would have thought.

I have a nostalgia article about my love of Star Wars which I'll put up in the General Star Wars area but other than that:

Enjoy the movie ---there is nothing like a new Star Wars film, with the John Williams' score blazing and let's be honest, there is nothing quite like the thrill of not knowing what will happen and in this case; how things END.

It's not what you see in that last trailer, it's what is said.

Obviously I won't repeat it, but it's a bit of a killer if you haven't been leaning that way.

I will be late to the party, but looking forward to reading people's thoughts on it anyway. I will be trusting more than ever before that people use spoilers effectively!

It's not what you see in that last trailer, it's what is said.

Obviously I won't repeat it, but it's a bit of a killer if you haven't been leaning that way.

I will be late to the party, but looking forward to reading people's thoughts on it anyway. I will be trusting more than ever before that people use spoilers effectively!
Yeah I missed some of the dialogue, apart from the 1st voice :)

I am going to try and ignore. Concerned that the initial buzz will be poor.

I'm sure no-one is really that interested in what the reviews say. It'll be nice if they hail it as a masterpiece, but if not it won't change anyone's mind I'm sure.

Only important thing is there has to be closure to the Skywalker story. I can live with an open style ending for future spin-offs; just as long as this tale of the Resistance and Empire/New Order is concluded.

Was looking at IMDB tonight and it's a man baby creche of fake reviews ranging from 0/10 Disney sucks to 10/10 best SW film ever made. In saying that there are a good few slating these fake reviews stating that no one outside of LFL and Disney have even seen it yet.
If it wasn't so stupididly predictable I would laugh.

Just curious anyone sitting this one out? Im struggling to bring myself to book tickets, it’s been an xmas thing since TFA, dinner followed by the movie with my dad, daughter, uncle and his boy. It’s like an abusive relationship, you love them but they just keep treating you like shit...
I'm sure no-one is really that interested in what the reviews say. It'll be nice if they hail it as a masterpiece, but if not it won't change anyone's mind I'm sure.

Only important thing is there has to be closure to the Skywalker story. I can live with an open style ending for future spin-offs; just as long as this tale of the Resistance and Empire/New Order is concluded.
There was a closure to the skywalker saga in 1983, this is merely a money making exercise from a massive corporation interested in only one thing, milking as much money as possible. Butchered the original saga to serve the new cast no one gives a toss about. It’s an absolute disaster.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom