Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (Zavvi Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

YAAAS. FA Poster artwork! Love it. Zavvi speeding up the preorder date again, only a week between this and EP3.

Ok so I have an idea.....

The majority of people who have ordered this will agree that the artwork is crap and they should have gone with the GWTW style of poster for this steelbook.

If the image cannot change which I guess is likely, then I for one would be happier if Zavvi were to include slip covers for ALL the steels in the collection and for ESB, they supply us with the GWTW style slipcover.

What do you think?

Zavvi/Disney if you are listening - surely not an unreasonable request?

The majority of people who have ordered this will agree that the artwork is crap and they should have gone with the GWTW style of poster for this steelbook.

If the image cannot change which I guess is likely, then I for one would be happier if Zavvi were to include slip covers for ALL the steels in the collection and for ESB, they supply us with the GWTW style slipcover.

What do you think?

Personally I don’t like slip covers on Steel books - for me the appeal of steelbooks is to display clean artwork on something more durable than tatty cardboard.

But I”m sure they’re popular with some buyers

Personally I don’t like slip covers on Steel books - for me the appeal of steelbooks is to display clean artwork on something more durable than tatty cardboard.

Agree, but that artwork for ESB is doing my head in and now I'm desperate lol

Those plastic ones that you sometimes get can be quite nice, especially if they're transparent and work with the artwork on the steelbook itself.

But this is obviously a damage limitation situation, where most people don't like the Empire artwork because it doesn't match.

If I'm honest, it doesn't bother me too much, because the prequel posters appear quite dull/washed out (colours-wise) next to the more vivid style of the sequel trilogy, and the art style is different in the original trilogy too - so nothing *really* matches anyway. But I wouldn't be unhappy if they did change it or supply a high quality slipcover or something.

What do you think?

I think the Vader helmet looks far better than the awful poster some seem to prefer, it's the best of the original artwork for ESB in my opinion. If you do a search on the posters for ESB they really are all quite poor compared with the other movies.

I think the Vader helmet looks far better than the awful poster some seem to prefer, it's the best of the original artwork for ESB in my opinion. If you do a search on the posters for ESB they really are all quite poor compared with the other movies.

I don’t have an issue with the specific artwork per se but it doesn’t remotely match any of the other artwork which are all theatrical posters.

A series of teaser posters as steelbooks could be very cool.
4AA3C8E2-4032-44E8-A711-B9E5A86E3815.jpeg
0BD324FD-1076-49D9-8542-95E54342C4EC.jpeg

But I just want some fudgeing continuity

Small number of steels back up to pre-order tomorrow (23rd July) 12pm Midday.
(includes A New Hope, Return of the Jedi)

Zavvi UK

When you look at all three side by side, it's crazy to think that someone conciously decided that the Empire cover art was the one to go with!

There is great irony in the bundle with t-shirt options, that the Empire T-shirt has one of the poster designs that would have been more fitting for the Empire Steelbook

Sold out again. Shocking ANH stock remains while disco vader sells out o_O

I wonder if they've increased the print order? Surely these cant just be cancelled orders.

I wonder if they've increased the print order? Surely these cant just be cancelled orders.
Who knows really, but it always seems to be standard zavvi tactics to release more later along the line. So whether that's copies purposefully held back, cancellations or bulk order cancellations zavvi have implemented guess we'll never really know.

Just been charged for Disco Vader.

Same here, both copies charged and marked 'awaiting dispatch'.

They charge upon dispatch, which is due this week.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom