Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (Zavvi Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

I also got the email saying Zavvi are re printing the Steelbook cases and will send these out to people who have outstanding issues.

This is an IDEAL opportunity to give us a proper poster art and not Disco Vader.....

And pigs fly.

Just got the email too. It took them long enough to address. It would have been nice if they also made an ex-gratia offer (like 15% refund) for the hassle. Still, glad it's sorted. I just hope they don't all turn up with spine slashes..... o_O Yikes

Replacement steelbook and get to keep the original think that’s a fair result.

Got same email as everyone else.

The right outcome. I wouldn't get your hopes up for anything other than Disco Vader though! :laugh:

Got the email, and I didn’t even complain. Now, will they swap the artwork on the replacements? Not that I care, mine was fine, and is sporting a nice magnet cover with the real artwork on it.

Got the email too. Didnt complain about ESB (only Jedi) so not sure if i’ll get one but it reads like all original orders will get a replacement case.

Mins still wrapped so not 100% sure if it had any damage (looks ok) but hey ho. Spine slash on my Jedi case so i don't feel guilty lol.

Well done Zavvi (in the end).

Well done Zavvi (in the end).
Agreed, but they didn't do themselves any favours in the handling of the issue. An email within the first week to everyone to say they were aware of the issue and were working to get a resolution would have made a world of difference.

Agreed, but they didn't do themselves any favours in the handling of the issue. An email within the first week to everyone to say they were aware of the issue and were working to get a resolution would have made a world of difference.

Yep, I completely agree. It was what we all said at the start that the resolution lay with the supplier and they needed to get on the case.

Hopefully this proves to be a bit of an eye opener for both Zavvi and the supplier. The message is that quality control must be improved, particularly when collectors are involved. :laugh:

Yep, I completely agree. It was what we all said at the start that the resolution lay with the supplier and they needed to get on the case.

Hopefully this proves to be a bit of an eye opener for both Zavvi and the supplier. The message is that quality control must be improved, particularly when collectors are involved. :laugh:
Doubt it. If anything they got caught with their pants down with a thumb up their butt and the chaffing got so bad they couldn't hold off any longer 😎👍

Petition to change the artwork for the second print run.
Waste of time with replacements scheduled to be sent to customers in October as in 1 month from now the production of the steelbooks by Scanavo would have already been started and likely already completed or very close to been.

Last edited:
Waste of time with replacements scheduled to be sent to customers in October as in 1 month from now the production of the steelbooks by Scanavo would have already been started and likely already completed or very close to been.
So... wait you're saying that these Steelbooks will be going worldwide aside from zavvi?

So... wait you're saying that these Steelbooks will be going worldwide aside from zavvi?
No
Disney got Scanao to remake the whole batch of zavvi steelbooks for empire as in all 3,500 of them
All customers who ordered are getting a replacement empty steelbook case

No
Disney got Scanao to remake the whole batch of zavvi steelbooks for empire as in all 3,500 of them
All customers who ordered are getting a replacement empty steelbook case
Ahhh I gotcha. They need to remake the entire batch of ROTJ too! For those who got the slash of death and also for the same defect on the steel that plagued disco vader. I've already gone through TWO defective copies of ROTJ and going through another round with CS.

Ahhh I gotcha. They need to remake the entire batch of ROTJ too! For those who got the slash of death and also for the same defect on the steel that plagued disco vader. I've already gone through TWO defective copies of ROTJ and going through another round with CS.
They don't need to remake ROTJ as most of them are not affected
Some had spine slashes that was not caused by Scanavo and is a totally different thing to empire issue.

The issue with empire was a manufacturing error that affted majority if not all the 3,500 steelbooks

Some customers might not even be aware they have scratches under the gloss finish on the empire steelbook as it can be hard to notice under some light conditions

They don't need to remake ROTJ as most of them are not affected
Some had spine slashes totally different thing to empire issue.

The issue with empire was a manufacturing error that affted majority if not all the 3,500 steelbooks

Some customers might not even be aware they have scratches under the gloss finish as it can be hard to notice under some light conditions
After the ESB issue and some posters reported here, ROTJ also has scratches on the gloss too. My first copy has gloss scratches that some are reporting here too and even my replacement copy is way worse with swirl marks. It's not just ESB that got defects, ROTJ has defects too.

After the ESB issue and some posters reported here, ROTJ also has scratches on the gloss too. My first copy has gloss scratches that some are reporting here too and even my replacement copy is way worse with swirl marks. It's not just ESB that got defects, ROTJ has defects too.
Most of ROTJ was fine
The few that has scratches was on top of the gloss finish not the same as what happened with empire.
Only a few of ROTJ had this issue.

The spine slashes happened at retailer opening the box of stock this was not at Scanavo plant as spine slash was on the shrink wrap
Scanavo don't send steelbooks shrink wrapped to the distributor.

There is a reason why Scanavo is replacing the whole batch of empire steelbooks at their expense.

Last edited:
See exhibit A
20200831_155441.jpg

As I am saying, they need to make more replacements for those who got spine slashed and gloss issues. Plain and simple. It's either poorly trained package handlers or terrible quality control that zavvi needs to address and also needs to make right to the consumers who got affected.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom