Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Review (Xbox One) & Comments

Didn't mention Dark Souls once, despite this being Dark Star Wars!

I was set on picking this up later once it's on sale, but I can feel the pull of the force...

Haha this game! Playing on Xbox One X on GamePass Ultimate.

I don't know what I was expecting with this game, I'm normally not interested in Star Wars games, but as this was on GamePass and it received decent reviews I thought why not.

Well I'm enjoying it, its more Tomb Raider than Star Wars and for me that's no bad thing. The combat is fun without being to difficult. My only gripe is with the Holomap, its pretty useless as far as I'm concerned, I can decipher it if I'm try, but generally its a nightmare for me to suss it out.

All in all, a really good game, doesn't really feel like a Star Wars game, the light sabre and stormtroopers give a Star Wars feel but other than that, this is Tome Raider without Lara.

Looking forward to continuing this unexpected gem of a game.

I'm playing this as well currently, the only thing I dislike is the map layouts, they are like mazes, I wouldn't mind if there was a fast travel back to ship to continue story.
I might switch difficulty to easy so I can get the story done and explore a bit more freely.

I also started playing this on the SX via Game Pass - but not sure the whole tomb raider thing works for me, I just don't have the patience! Not a fan of the sparse save points too - having to repeat large chunks of a map after dying got a bit tiresome.

I will probably go back to it at some point but the biggest gripe I have is the implementation of HDR. The game should look fantastic in 4k but a lot of the scenes look washed out or overly dark (it's definitely not my TV btw), which ruins the visual appeal. There are some Reddit threads on this but not really found an explanation or way to correct (aside from turning off HDR on console).

Yeah, I finished it at the weekend thanks to Gamepass. I really enjoyed and didn't think I would. I thought the jump plants on Wookie world were a bit silly though.

I will agree that the map is a tricky to use and quite often the trek back to the ship was a right pain.

Finished this today and oh my god I got goosebumps and felt emotional when you know who appeared... WOW ! Brilliant ending to a really great game, very memorable mainly thanks to the closing moments.

Play this game if you haven't already, a gem.

This game is right up there with Control for crappiest map of the year award. Still enjoying it though 👍

Finished this today and oh my god I got goosebumps and felt emotional when you know who appeared... WOW ! Brilliant ending to a really great game, very memorable mainly thanks to the closing moments.

Play this game if you haven't already, a gem.
i felt the exact opposite

you spent the entire game going after the MacGuffin (holocron) which you then you decided to destroy making the whole plot of the game a waste of time

also the wookies look like they came out of N64 game

The plot of the game was a race against time to stop the empire from getting their hands on the holocron, destroying it ensured this, perfect ending IMO

The plot of the game was a race against time to stop the empire from getting their hands on the holocron, destroying it ensured this, perfect ending IMO
but yet by what you were doing enabled them to get the holocron they wouldnt have got it if you hadnt got it for them pointless

theres nothing worse than a MacGuffin as the whole point of the story

but yet by what you were doing enabled them to get the holocron they wouldnt have got it if you hadnt got it for them pointless

theres nothing worse than a MacGuffin as the whole point of the story
my only real disappointment with this game was we never got to fight Lord Vader in any meaningful way, but I would play a sequel in a heartbeat

my only real disappointment with this game was we never got to fight Lord Vader in any meaningful way, but I would play a sequel in a heartbeat
didnt mind the mechanics of the game of it but i thought the plot was terrible

Playing this on PS5, on my third attempt at "getting into it" as a friend of mine insists it's a great Star Wars game and it seems to be highly thought of in the gaming world. God it's a slog though.

Lara Croft meets Star Wars? Lara Croft circa 2000 maybe, because this game feels like a very, very old platform game dressed up as an open world exploration game.

Controls are clunky, the camera is clunky, the puzzles are clunky and the graphics are so-so. The creatures created for the various planets are appalling, the artists must have spend all of 10 minutes coming up with all of them, and they all behave in exactly the same way.

The whole thing feels so dated in terms of its gaming mechanics. And why is it so keen to get you lost? Is it too much to expect the game to at least give you a hint about the route to the objective?

As I say, I'm on my 3rd attempt, but I'm not confident I'll get even halfway before it irritates me to the point of deletion again.

Why on Earth anyone is looking forward to the sequel is beyond me. Strip away the Star Wars layer and this game would have sunk without a trace.

8 out of 10?? It's a 5 at best, and that's generous.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom