Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order (X1)

Cha1ky

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Please be that canned one 1313, that game looked amazing!!!

A Letter From Stig - Respawn Entertainment

RESPAWN BLOG

StarwarsHeader.jpg

A LETTER FROM STIG
I’ve got a good feeling about this…

We’ve all heard this story before. At 5 years old you see something beyond comprehension, an extraordinary fantasy that at first doesn’t seem real, but in time becomes inspirational law. The heroes, the villains, the visions, the sounds, the music, imprinted forever. Of course I am describing Star Wars™, the most influential franchise in modern history, and we at Respawn Entertainment are honored to have the chance to contribute to that legacy.

I am happy to announce our partnership with Electronic Arts and Lucasfilm to deliver a whole new adventure to the galaxy.

For me, just typing these words is surreal. I have been playing Star Wars games my whole life, now I get to make a Star Wars game. On top of that, I get to do it at Respawn, a studio comprised of the most talented collection of game makers, creators, visionaries, and (most importantly) advocates for the player, that I have had the good fortune to work with. And we, like you all, have no shortage of Star Wars passion.

The entire company erupted in cheers when it was announced that this would be our next endeavor.

But it’s not all fun and games — we promise to pay respect to the Star Wars legacy at all times, a fact that will be constantly reinforced and honored as a central game design tenet. Fans should expect the exemplary level of quality first established at Respawn with Titanfall, a game that epitomizes our studio’s dedication to slick, larger-than-life action and fun, groundbreaking mechanics. Moving forward, we couldn’t ask for a better universe in which to continue this journey, and although I would love to share all of the exciting places we are going, we have the following piece of information to divulge with you all today:

We’ll be making a third-person action/adventure game set in the Star Wars universe.

Now, I understand on the surface this might sound a bit dry, but developing a game within the ever-expanding Star Wars universe opens up so many paths for us to go down, and an unparalleled playground to design within. We have already planted the seeds by assembling a small, but incredibly talented team, ready for the amazing journey that lies ahead. With this in mind we are looking to expand the dream.

Do you want to join us on a journey to a galaxy far, far away? We are hiring in all departments.

Looking back to 1977, I witnessed Star Wars unleash its magic on the big screen, forever changing me (little did I know how much at the time). The crazy thing is this magic doesn’t have a shelf life. Decades later I observed the same wonder in my kids’ eyes as they watched A New Hope. What a rarity, for a book, a film, or even a game to have that kind of impact, spanning several generations, even promising to continue into future ones. The opportunity to be a part of that is not something to take for granted. This is an opportunity that I, the team, and Respawn could not and would not pass up.

This is the chance of a lifetime.

EPIC!!

i love titanfall

Cant see this being anywhere before 2020 or something though! lol

So many Star Wars games being developed, I reckon it will be like the WW2 Era of gaming soon enough and you will be sick to death of Star Wars Media, Games, Movies and TV Shows !

So many Star Wars games being developed, I reckon it will be like the WW2 Era of gaming soon enough and you will be sick to death of Star Wars Media, Games, Movies and TV Shows !

Jar jar binks adventures..... Where do I pre-order.

I hope it's the previously canned 1313.
That looked like it had real potential, and graphically it looked amazing for last gen. So just imagine what it'll look like on X1/PS4.

Been mentioned before but looks like some real info is coming. Set 5 years after Revenge of the Jedi, you play the role of a Padawyn who survived Order 66.

The presentation apparently also referenced the Imperial Inquisitors, Ninth Sister, and other characters from the extended universe comics and lore. By their own admission, the Reddit user says they couldn’t remember all the details.

It’s possible the story involves Ninth Sister, and/or Nightsisters. In any case, they were used to hunt down the remaining Jedi after the events of Revenge of the Sith.

Titanfall dev's Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order coming November, first story details leak - rumour - VG247

Last edited by a moderator:
Duplicate thread merged with existing one to keep discussions in one place.

Shame Respawn have recently said they’re not working on the next Titanfall and that, aside from this guaranteed to be cancelled Star Wars game, their effort is going into Apex Legends, as they have a 10 year plan for it.

The 10 year plan worked out well for Bungie and Destiny.

Shame Respawn have recently said they’re not working on the next Titanfall and that, aside from this guaranteed to be cancelled Star Wars game, their effort is going into Apex Legends, as they have a 10 year plan for it.

Vince has since stated they are working on Titanfall and expect something this year. No confirmation on TF3 but they are working on a TF Game so assume it is TF3

I saw a quote from Respawn on YouTube yesterday which stated the contrary.
But then today, in another video, was that quote from Vince.

It’s EA.
One hand doesn’t know what the other is doing.

what is that a picture of?

a damaged light sabre?

Star Wars Celebration this weekend so expect info

I'm not holding my breath, but fingers crossed.

Let's see if EA can actually deliver a good Star Wars game and not waste the license.

To be fair, forget its EA and focus on the fact its Respawn developing it, who have only delivered quality games this gen with both TF games and now Apex Legends. I have faith in them and we can only hope EA gives them time to make their vision a reality. If that happens a Respawn Star Wars game COULD be awesome....

I have no expectations for this game other than it will be shit canned before too long.

Event Information - Star Wars Celebration

Sat, Apr 13, 2019
1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
Celebration Stage - Wintrust Arena

Join the head of Respawn Entertainment, Vince Zampella, and Game Director, Stig Asmussen, along with many special guests, to be the first to learn about this holiday’s highly anticipated action adventure game, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Hear how Respawn and Lucasfilm collaborated on this original Star Wars story, following a young Padawan’s journey in the Dark Times following Order 66. And of course, we’ll have a few surprises in store.

Thats American Central time I think too.

I'll keep an eye out for the reveal, but again, I'm not putting in faith in this game until it's in stores and we can actually buy it.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom