Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order (X1)

I tried my best not to change the difficult level but after over an hour of trying to defeat
Taron Malicos and ready to throw my controller at the screen I made the decision to drop it to Jedi Knight and low and behold I defeated him first time lol

I then set it back to Jedi Master and carried on the game and all was going well until the final fight with Trilla, no matter what she just destroyed me so again I dropped it to Jedi Knight and even then it took several attempts to trigger the cut scene and no word of a lie the amount of health I had left practically didn't register on the bar but damn that got the blood pumping then Vader showed up an I thought 'jesus christ I am totally f'ed' but thankfully it was just a chase sequence and then bam the game is over.

Perhaps I just needed more practice but those last two fights seemed much tougher than anything previous and I take my hat off to anyone that has finished the game on Jedi Grandmaster.

Last edited:
Finished this last night.

Overall I really enjoyed it. Some very frustrating parts, most notably the rope swinging and jumping before getting a certain ability and the spikes in boss difficulty.

Would have liked the chance to go back and finishing exploring the planets after the story ended. Not sure if I’m that bothered about finding all the chests and secrets enough to start it again. Not yet anyway. May revisit it at some point.

Would definitely be interested in a sequel or story dlc.

Would have liked the chance to go back and finishing exploring the planets after the story ended. Not sure if I’m that bothered about finding all the chests and secrets enough to start it again. Not yet anyway. May revisit it at some point

Eh? You can do.

After the story finishes, a message comes up to say you've rewound to before the final planet but you can carry on playing from there.

Really? Missed that. Just saw the credits start rolling and quit. Will go and have another look.

No fast travel though, so a considerably grind to go for 100% completion...even with shortcuts unlocked.

Is it just me or does this game tend to lead you into areas you’re not equipped for and then leave you stranded with no way forward or back?
I just encountered this exact situation and have had to quit and reload my last save.

That happened to me a couple of times, never had to reload though. There’s normally a (convoluted) way of getting back to where you should be.

That particular issue I had was due to me not having the camera in an exact position to get a jump right.
I did screw myself earlier on the same planet when I accidentally got BD-1 to turn a power switch off and then he came running, leaving me trapped between 2 closed doors.

My son wanted this for his Birthday so had it since launch via gamesharing but only got around to playing it on and off the last couple of weeks.

Completed it now and very mixed opinions at various stages of the game. Some aspects are fantastic, like the story itself, atmosphere it creates etc and some of the general combat elements are great, but some are terrible and at times I was ready to jack it in because some sections were very tedious and boring. Many longwinded periods of frustrating level traversal and no action, with little idea where you're supposed to go in many cases. The map itself looks visually good but can be difficult to clearly see which routes you should take with the multiple level system, and some just being enormous. IMO they should have allowed you to place markers on the map so when playing you can have a visual idea of where you need to go rather than needing to constantly open and check the map again. You don't even have a visual guide to the main objective in normal play so I found that odd.

The issues with level traversal was compounded by always having to make you way through it all again to get back to the ship. For me the pacing of the game would've been far better if you could complete whatever main objective you're doing and then have a cutscene returning back at the ship or something because some of the return journeys were the worst to get lost. That was then compounded further on some of the more complicated planets / maps when you had to return to them for another level and repeat the pain. Some shortcuts help a bit but as mentioned the second time around it's not always clear where the shortcuts are as it just creates another route which isn't always easy to see on the map if across multiple levels. As mentioned some fast travel options between meditation points would've worked too so strange omission.

The difficulty spikes for the bosses were ridiculous as mentioned and just annoying in most cases as seemed no matter what you'd barely make a dent on them, yet drop difficulty down one level and they barely make a dent on you.... that's something that shouldn't happen.

Anyway once you gained more abilities it obviously became more enjoyable and the last 3rd of the game I thought the general gameplay was far more enjoyable and pacing better and the story really came into it's own, but it's just a shame many players I'm sure will have packed it in before then because of the frustrations earlier on. Overall I enjoyed it and glad I've played it but IMO could've been far more satisfying to play if they'd changed a few of the frustrating aspects. Also I'd rather your force meter didn't run out so quick meaning the majority of the time you can't use your main abilities until it replenishes. You're a jedi and should feel completely bad ass and relish hordes of enemies to destroy with your abilities not just your lightsabre.... Imagine the Batman Arkham games if you had most of your abilities limited in such a way. I just think they missed a trick there and it would've been far more enjoyable had the meter lasted longer each time before it needed replenishing.

Confirmed 60fps on Series X. Never got round to buying this, but will now :smashin:.

Hopefully they will release a proper Series X patch for it as I am sure it can do higher than 1080p and maintain 60fps.

finished this on game pass it was ok think it got higher review scores than it merited

7/10 glad i didnt buy it

finished this on game pass it was ok think it got higher review scores than it merited

7/10 glad i didnt buy it

i did purchase it
Convinced by preview hype it was going to be great

it was just “ok”

my main complaint is it felt over long / repetitive
I just felt I spent the last 3 hours or so going through the motions wanting the end to come

I think the problem with Star Wars games, when focussing on the central character as a Jedi, is similar to the problems with Superman games. The character is just overpowered and it often makes little sense that someone who has this potential power (even if still learning) can at one moment bring down massive enemies in huge set pieces, and then find themselves resorting to stealth to sneak around and pick enemies off

would much rather a smuggler / standard rebel / merc story based game. Basically take uncharted, skin it to match the Star Wars universe, add a great story, feature cover based blaster combat against the various enemies and species and leave it at that

that or just make knights of old republic 3 (after remastering and combing the first two)

I started playing but why is every move fraught with danger trying to jump over massive crevices where a jump will resort you falling to your death? Its Star Wars I don’t recall any constant having to jump over crevices constantly or balancing on wires and if you get it wrong you fall to your death?
The design seemed to concentrate on these great death ridden jumps required around the map constantly, I don’t get the design decisions for it, just lacking imagination and padding it out with obstacles to fill the game with something.
The 3D map was confusing as anything, didn’t have a clue where to go.
The cut scenes I enjoyed though, just don’t get where game designers get their ideas from sometimes, let’s make the maps frustrating as anything to walk around and one error whilst jumping kills you off and you have to respawn, games should be fun and intriguing not frustrating.

Last edited:
Never played a Tomb Raider or Assassins Creed game? as those to me seem like the inspirations what with the cliff scaling, tight rope walking, cave exploring aspects.

I am sad to see some didn’t like it because for me it was one of my favourites of 2019.

It wasn’t perfect, could’ve done without having to navigate back to the ship after each mission, that often took longer than the mission itself :D

I enjoyed it though.

Never played a Tomb Raider or Assassins Creed game? as those to me seem like the inspirations what with the cliff scaling, tight rope walking, cave exploring aspects.

I am sad to see some didn’t like it because for me it was one of my favourites of 2019.

I really enjoyed it. One of the better Star Wars games in a while.

I just wish they had a fast travel element for once you have completed the area on story and were going back for the hidden stuffs you didnt need to then figure out how to get to certain areas again.

I really enjoyed it. One of the better Star Wars games in a while.

I just wish they had a fast travel element for once you have completed the area on story and were going back for the hidden stuffs you didnt need to then figure out how to get to certain areas again.

The lack of fast travel was certainly a blemish on an otherwise fantastic game IMO.

Some of the jumping bits, especially after ice slides were pretty annoying too. Especially before you got the ability to grab and swing on ropes.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom