Just had the delay email come through for my order saying 2nd - 6th July as the expected despatch date :(

That's very tedious for you. Perhaps cancel and go for the US issues via Mario etc.

That's very tedious for you. Perhaps cancel and go for the US issues via Mario etc.

Would end up costing a lot more and not a fan of the US stacked cases as seen reports they also scratch the discs.

Would end up costing a lot more and still nota fan of the US stacked cases as seen reports they also scratch the discs.

Fair enough. I assumed you had ordered at the current amazon.it price. Probably worth waiting then.

Fair enough. I assumed you had ordered at the current amazon.it price. Probably worth waiting then.

Oh yea if I had I would have switched to the German releases last week when they were reduced to €21 each.

Oh yea if I had I would have switched to the German releases last week when they were reduced to €21 each.

I hadn't realised about the German releases. I am going with Steelbooks for the original Trilogy and Rogue One, but, on the basis I have no idea when they will get to Rogue One for the Steelbooks I might just go with the German one for the time being.

I hadn't realised about the German releases. I am going with Steelbooks for the original Trilogy and Rogue One, but, on the basis I have no idea when they will get to Rogue One for the Steelbooks I might just go with the German one for the time being.

Now is a good time as it’s only €21.99 delivered at Amazon.de

Yep, I had no idea they did free delivery to the UK.

They don’t it’s being sold by a third party that does though.

They don’t it’s being sold by a third party that does though.

Thanks again. The problem is delivery not until 28th May at the earliest. I think I am going to leave it for the time being.

Looks like it’s only Episodes 1-8 that are delayed till July, Rogue One has slipped only a few days to May 21st - May 26th so not so bad haha

Yeah reason I said it was, reading elsewhere, sometimes there is a slight oily sheen on new discs. So a quick careful wipe might help?

Thanks - I gave it another clean and then a last ditch attempt with Isopropyl Alcohol but no joy. Replacement disks arrived today from Amazon and there's the same issue during the Pod Race, but a little later and only for a few seconds (with much less corruption). No other issues with the other discs so far.

As a total aside, interestingly the replacement came in the studio's original shipping box (my original pre-order didn't). Good to know that Amazon ordered at least 9,200 of these!

1589575384918.png

Now is a good time as it’s only €21.99 delivered at Amazon.de

Thanks for that, that has to be the cheapest I’ve seen it outside of those early amazon.it deals. Works out at a tiny bit over £20 delivered with the currency exchange.

Thanks - I gave it another clean and then a last ditch attempt with Isopropyl Alcohol but no joy. Replacement disks arrived today from Amazon and there's the same issue during the Pod Race, but a little later and only for a few seconds (with much less corruption). No other issues with the other discs so far.

As a total aside, interestingly the replacement came in the studio's original shipping box (my original pre-order didn't). Good to know that Amazon ordered at least 9,200 of these!

View attachment 1299900

I had no issues with TPM from my set, even though there were some light surface scratches.

Looks like it’s only Episodes 1-8 that are delayed till July, Rogue One has slipped only a few days to May 21st - May 26th so not so bad haha
I also got the delay email for Rogue One, but my Force Awakens still claims 19th May. I’ve cancelled the original trilogy now we have steelbooks on the way.

Amazon Star Wars Skywalker Saga back up to £199.
Hopefully it’ll drop again as I’m considering it again. :eek:
Gutted - I went to finally get it yesterday. Had it on the screen, came back an hour later - had gone up £20 :eek:

Be £99 come Black Friday.

You heard it here first :D

There’s always the Classifieds :D

It’s ‘Limited Edition’ it’ll be long gone before then. You heard that here first ...
Yeah, I can ill afford it at the moment but worried about not being able to get it (along with some empty bluray cases to keep the disks in)

It’s ‘Limited Edition’ it’ll be long gone before then. You heard that here first ...

everything seems to limited edition these days...doesn't seem to mean much haha

It's not really that 'Limited' seeing as most countries have it available and in some instances for less than ours (even when it was £180)

Now the UHD MCU Infinity War set is what I would call a LE as it was only released in the US and sold out before release.

Managed to get Ep 1-6 discs only through the classifieds and gave them all a test drive last night. Initial impressions are that the OT has benefited from the new colour pallette, but I noticed the "frozen grain" on a number of shots when flicking through them.

I even thought Ep 1 & 2 looked a little better than the 2011 Blus I have and Ep 3 also benefited from extra detail.

I'm yet to give the sound a full blast, but initial impressions at night time volumes were decent

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom