Amazon have now increased the price to £199.99.

Hope they honour the previous pre order price if it doesn’t drop back on release.
They have to - part of the pre-order promise. Glad I locked mine in earlier!

I imagine the UK set will have the same disc art but with BBFC logos stuck on them.

jlt8soic5tc41.jpg

Can't wait to get my hands on this collection. We just need a Rogue One UHD now.

I am sure it will be out the same day as will individual releases but I wouldn’t be surprised if the bonus discs for 1-6 are kept exclusive to the Skywalker Saga boxsets for now.

I am sure it will be out the same day as will individual releases but I wouldn’t be surprised if the bonus discs for 1-6 are kept exclusive to the Skywalker Saga boxsets for now.
Am very split on getting the box set NOW, or waiting for decent individual releases. My heart says 'Pony up the £200! You've waited long enough for the OT in 4K!', but it's just not very shelf friendly...

Am very split on getting the box set NOW, or waiting for decent individual releases. My heart says 'Pony up the £200! You've waited long enough for the OT in 4K!', but it's just not very shelf friendly...

No harm putting a pre-order in now and when the individual releases are announced you can decide which route to go, better that than decide you want the set only to discover it has sold out.

IMG_20200128_055911_752.jpg

Can't wait to get my hands on this collection. We just need a Rogue One UHD now.

I would prefer Rogue One UHD release over the entire box set TBH , best Star Wars flick since Empire .

If the Amazon.de listings are too be believed it seems they will also include the bonus discs so the only thing exclusive about the Skywalker Saga is the packaging.

The packaging shape doesn’t look very Blu Ray shelf friendly. Not sure where I’d be able to put it. I’ve passed on other other boxsets for similar reasons.

If the Amazon.de listings are too be believed it seems they will also include the bonus discs so the only thing exclusive about the Skywalker Saga is the packaging.
I hope this is true as I only want the true Skywalker saga of Episodes 1 to 6 and Rouge One has that enchances a new hope.

The packaging shape doesn’t look very Blu Ray shelf friendly. Not sure where I’d be able to put it. I’ve passed on other other boxsets for similar reasons.
I’ve pre-ordered it but would definitely prefer a shelf-friendly set of all of them.

The Rise Of Skywalker is out on 30th April in France and 19th May in Spain. I reckon that the UK release will be between those dates. That would follow the standard schedule for when Disney releases new films in the UK on home media, 4-6 weeks after the USA.

TROS is out on 6th April in Germany so there is an outside chance that the UK could get TROS and The Skywalker Saga much earlier than we usually get Disney titles. But I reckon the chance is slim. Would love to be wrong though.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom