I think it will be in the 6th April - 27th April window based purely on the fact that since 2016 whenever a Star Wars film has been released the UK release has been in that window normally 2-4 weeks behind the US.

I think it will be in the 6th April - 27th April window based purely on the fact that since 2016 whenever a Star Wars film has been released the UK release has been in that window normally 2-4 weeks behind the US.
Both Force Awakens and Last Jedi UK release date was 2 weeks after USA release

USA release date at the moment is March 31st if correct would mean UK release date would be April 13th

If USA release date is changed so will UK release date change

Both Force Awakens and Last Jedi UK release date was 2 weeks after USA release

USA release date at the moment is March 31st if correct would mean UK release date would be April 13th

If USA release date is changed so will UK release date change

Exactly why I have my money on it being released inside the time window I specified, if it comes out in early April in the US then it will be a bit later but I very much doubt it will miss April.

For those not interested in the whole set and only certain films the individual releases and now available to pre-order from EzyDVD and are less than £11 each plus shipping.

Looks great but I wish I could have a set of just the movies with no bonus discs.

Looks great but I wish I could have a set of just the movies with no bonus discs.

Give it time I am sure they will do a more barebones set containing just the films.

For those not interested in the whole set and only certain films the individual releases and now available to pre-order from EzyDVD and are less than £11 each plus shipping.
That's stupidly cheap, but from what I can see they don't post outside of AUS/NZ :(

I just want rouge one! 😁

That's stupidly cheap, but from what I can see they don't post outside of AUS/NZ :(

Only a matter of time before they appear on the likes of JB Hi-fi.

I love how they act like they are the first ones to reveal this info despite it being posted on a particular Blu-Ray Forum almost a full day earlier :rotfl:

Its good to have confirmation though that the BDs included with The Force Awakens are those from the 3D release so include the commentary and previously digital/retailer exclusive content and the same applies to The Last Jedi.

Ha would you believe it exactly the date I predicted back on the 2nd February.

Have to say I actually prefer the look of the Blu-ray collection with each Trilogy housed in its own 6 disc digi-pack.

buh0315001_2.jpg

4K UHD might be amazon exclusive as well! Zoom just put up the £65 BD saga boxset but no mention of 4K UHD yet!

The UHD set IS exclusive to Amazon in the UK, hence the 'Amazon Exclusive' bit in the title of this thread.

Attachments

• SW_TSS (2).jpg
    SW_TSS (2).jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 54
  • SW_TSS (3).jpg
    SW_TSS (3).jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Release date (this set and The Rise of Skywalker) confirmed 20th April 2020

Yep precisely the date I predicted back at the start of February :D

Three weeks after America isn't as late as I thought. I was almost sure that it would be four weeks. At least.

Pity that we aren't getting it the same week as Germany and Italy. Would be perfect to start the re-watch over Easter. I'll probably just watch one film every Saturday night, with an extra film the bank holiday weekends. Two months to watch all eleven films. Hopefully Rogue One will be released on the same day.

Three weeks after America isn't as late as I thought. I was almost sure that it would be four weeks. At least.

Pity that we aren't getting it the same week as Germany and Italy. Would be perfect to start the re-watch over Easter. I'll probably just watch one film every Saturday night, with an extra film the bank holiday weekends. Two months to watch all eleven films. Hopefully Rogue One will be released on the same day.

I am sure Rogue One will be announced as every other market is getting it, if the JB Hi-Fi prices end up anything like EzyDVD I will likely cancel my pre-order for the boxset and order the individual releases of Episodes 1-9 and Rogue One from Australia.

@Indiana Jones what would that cost roughly overall to import? It’s the bulkiness of the Boxset I don’t like...

One month over the amazon 30 day return period. Sods law the last one to be played is duff...

Given that these seem to be in cardboard 'sleeves' in the book making them more liable to get scratched, the bulky size which won't fit on my shelves and the need to watch all the discs (the blu-rays as well as the UHDs) as quickly as possible I'm probably going to cancel my pre-order and just go for individual titles in amaray cases I can watch at my leisure.

Probably JB HiFi if the prices are well below the UK. I've been getting my UK unreleased Disney and Marvel titles from them without problems at around £13 a movie.

@Indiana Jones what would that cost roughly overall to import? It’s the bulkiness of the Boxset I don’t like...

Well they are currently priced at just £10.80 each so even with shipping and customs they will be far cheaper than the Saga set and you can be sure any individual UK releases won't be cheaper than £19.99 each.

I am sure Rogue One will be announced as every other market is getting it, if the JB Hi-Fi prices end up anything like EzyDVD I will likely cancel my pre-order for the boxset and order the individual releases of Episodes 1-9 and Rogue One from Australia.
I very much hope so. The way that Disney has released the last few remaining catalogue MCU movies in the UK (staggered release dates and months after every other country), hasn't made me 100% sure though.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom