Question Starship Troopers

Itsthesmell

Established Member
Reaction score
I heard starship troopers is excellent in 4K and Dolby Atmos, so I bought it from eBay, new, and on the back it says Dolby Atmos logo but when I insert it into my bluray player it doesn't say Atmos or have a menu selection for it. Was it rereleased with Atmos?

I heard starship troopers is excellent in 4K and Dolby Atmos, so I bought it from eBay, new, and on the back it says Dolby Atmos logo but when I insert it into my bluray player it doesn't say Atmos or have a menu selection for it. Was it rereleased with Atmos?
My original release (USA) has dolby atmos selection available in the disc menu. Are you sure you are playing the UHD and not the blu-ray?

4k player? 👿

No other Atmos discs to check with?

Is this the cover of the one you've got?

s-l1600.jpg

Have you set the player to Bitstream on the audio side?

I've gone through the settings to force it to use Atmos and its playing true HD. They must have released it twice and I've bought the wrong one, again. I wish they'd stop doing that, ripping people off to get extra sales

I've gone through the settings to force it to use Atmos and its playing true HD. They must have released it twice and I've bought the wrong one, again. I wish they'd stop doing that, ripping people off to get extra sales
Could be your amp telling you that even though it is Atmos? I highly doubt they'd re-release it with an inferior audio track.

Shouldn't it say on the rear of the case which sound formats are supported? :confused:

No offence pal, but I am going to go with that you have something wrong on your set up rather than a second secret release without Atmos. Hope to be proven wrong though.

Tried my copy, the disc defaults to Atmos as soon as you start to play it:

50E84915-9E2D-4EC5-919B-082D9499646F.jpeg

The player showed this information:

4AC3E2DD-36AE-49FF-A30D-169C8078F74F.jpeg

So my amp is Dolby atmos but playing atmos shows a red logo TrueHD. If I click the display button it says Dolby atmos. Strange why they omitted a Dolby atmos light.

What's the amp?

I bought it because it was Dolby Atmos, that's all I know. Richer sounds sold it as that.

I bought it because it was Dolby Atmos, that's all I know. Richer sounds sold it as that.

Upgrade the firmware to latest version and check again.....

Looking at the amp, nowhere does it say Atmos on it so it must have came in with an update. Its on the latest firmware. So the disc is Atmos its just my amp. Nice one lads.

Personally I would have expected the update to display Atmos on the display....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom