Steam survey and VR

Thug

Reaction score
Just been invited to my first ever Steam survey and ran the script.
Looking at the results i was surprised to find that my Rift CV1 was not detected, so ran it again with OH open and my CV1 on.
It still wasn't detected.

I guess its ONLY detected if you are actually running it via Steam.

This shows to me that its FAR from accurate, as some Oculus users may not use Steam at all and of those that do they still may not be included in the survey unless steam VR is open and their Oculus is switched on and in use by Steam.

Goes to show you that showing the results here is clearly not worth the time spent posting them and obviously biased.

But the Steam survey is one of the topics that inspires the most vociferous contributions from our co-AVfers. I always enjoy discussion of the Steam survey. Was actually disappointed someone created a 'Steam survey and VR' thread and yet didn't post the latest survey result... That seems like time not well spent :p

And despite that 47.04% percent of headsets (not including DK1s and DK2s of course) in the Steam Survey are Oculus headsets.

Once the Quest 2 is released we'll see more than half of the hesdsets on Steam being Ocilus headsets.

The Quest 2 might even sell to crazy levels too given its price, same as the Wii did years ago.

I've said a few times on here that $300/£300 is the sweet spot for mainstream gamer adoption in terms of price, all that's missing now is for Microsoft to have VR headset compatibility for the NextBox and we'll start to see mainstream gamer VR adoption taking hold.

And that means better games, AAA franchises coming to VR from big publishers.

The future is going to start to look VERY bright for VR gaming sooner rather than later. Now that Oculus have hit that impulse buy sweet spot all we need is Microsoft to join the VR race and mainstream gamers will be all over VR games.

Good times ahead 😎😁😎

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom