Stephen King's The Outsider (HBO)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
HBO has given a 10-episode limited series order adaptation to the best-selling author's 2018 supernatural horror novel THE OUTSIDER. The project will star Ben Mendelsohn

Mendelsohn is also poised to produce. Meanwhile, THE OUTSIDER will be brought to you by a distinguished team of quality filmmakers, which includes THE NIGHT OF co-creator/executive producer Richard Price, director-producer Jack Bender (MR. MERCEDES), Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films, Temple Hill Entertainment and MRC. For the moment, it's being reported that Bateman will direct the first two episodes of the series with a chance that he'll guest star as well.

In Price's version of THE OUTSIDER, a seemingly straightforward investigation into the gruesome murder of a local boy leads a seasoned cop and an unorthodox investigator to question everything they believe to be real, as an insidious supernatural force edges its way into the case.

MRC reportedly snatched the rights to THE OUTSIDER earlier this year for a While in the process of getting the project's ducks in a row, Price boarded the endeavor in June, an event that was then followed by Jack Bender and Marty Bowen signing on to executive produce. It's also been said that Price was so eager to work on the script that he began putting pen to paper (so to speak) before the deals were iron clad.
HBO Orders ‘The Outsider’ Drama Series Based On Stephen King Novel Starring Ben Mendelsohn From Jason Bateman & MRC

A18+I8sl4mL.jpg

As always, a King adaptation gets my attention.

Jason Bateman still on board to direct the first two episodes. Bateman will also exec produce.

Cast update

Deadline reports that Cynthia Erivo (Bad Times at the El Royale),
Bill Camp
(The Looming Tower),
Mare Winningham (George Wallace),
Paddy Considine (The Ferryman),
Julianne Nicholson (Law & Order True Crime: The Menendez Murders),
Yul Vázquez
(I Am The Night),
Jeremy Bobb (The Knick) and
Marc Menchaca (Ozark) are set as series regulars
Hettienne Park (Hannibal) and
Michael Esper
(Trust) have been set to recur.

I’m halfway through the book, looking forward to seeing it onscreen :smashin:

Just nearing the end of the book so quite fancy this, any news on what UK channel, Sky Atlantic?

Read the book earlier in the year, great story but felt the ending was very weak. Interested to see this on screen though.

I guess we won't have the same actress playing
Holly Gibney

Not familiar with this book, but I'm definitely interested. Like Ben Mendelsohn too.

Just had a look on Amazon and didn't realise how out of touch i'd become w/ King, there's about 12 books on there that I've never heard of :-/
Will give this a try, some of the recent stuff hasn't exactly gripped me though.

Interesting trailer in that there was plenty in it that I’m quite certain was not in the book.

Not a book I've read, but I saw an article a few days back that suggested this is going to be the scariest King screen adaptation to date.

premiere episodes, decent :laugh:

Double-bill directed & starring.... Jason Bateman

#1 Fish in a Barrel

first episode had a great atmosphere and music, loved it

#2 Roanoke
widened the plot but not really move forward on murder investigation.

Picture quality dire on Sky Atlantic, much like GOT in some of the dark scenes😣

Brilliant first 2 episodes last night, very mysterious and intriguing viewing, kudos to Jason Bateman's direction too.

Low point is the picture quality esp for the dark scenes is not very good.

Apart from that, great start!

It's HD and 5.1 on NowTv with Boost pass but I don't know how the PQ compares.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom