Stereo amp comparable to Arcam AVR 390 sound

Mroy62

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have a surround sound system Based around an Arcam AVR 390 and KEF Q150 speakers. I absolutely love listening to Stereo music on this system! I am trying to create a system with similar sound quality for my home office. This only needs to be a stereo amp not an AVR. What recommendations would people have for a system (amp plus speakers) for a budget of $500... is that possible? If not, I’d still be interested in recommendations that help me get a sound quality perhaps approaches what I get from my “main” system.

Last edited:
If you go used you should be able to get close to your budget with the same speakers & an Arcam A18. Of course this won't have Dirac so a lot depends on how audio friendly your office is.

In case you weren't aware, you've landed on a UK based forum. So knowledge of USA prices is going to be limited.

If you go used you should be able to get close to your budget with the same speakers & an Arcam A18. Of course this won't have Dirac so a lot depends on how audio friendly your office is.

In case you weren't aware, you've landed on a UK based forum. So knowledge of USA prices is going to be limited.
Thanks, @RBZ5416. I am aware this is a UK forum. I live in Nashville, but am originally from Burnley in Lancashire so feel very much at home here :)

Prob looking at the Arcam Alpha range for that budget. Plenty about on ebay. They're quite old now though, so beware that even a good one sold in good faith may need work doing at some point.

If you love the KEFs, why not just get some more for your office? You could probably get a usable second-hand amp for $50-100, with an eye to upgrade in the future. You'd want to think about source as well, although if it's in the office, a fairly cheap USB DAC should do the job.

Matt

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom