Bloody annoying as I've got the Bluray set on its way and wouldn't have bothered had I known about this, no idea why they didn't release both at same time tbh.......

Bloody annoying as I've got the Bluray set on its way and wouldn't have bothered had I known about this, no idea why they didn't release both at same time tbh.......
exactly,ridiculous,but there’s hope for future seasons in 4K

It's the same thing mate, its a Target exclusive.

And yeah, their postal rates are pretty horrific.
Not for Stranger Things they're not.

"This product is not available for international shipping." :p

Target stopped shipping blu rays to the UK on November 1st. No idea why!

The first series wasn't made in HDR. The second one is Dolby Vision though.

Not sure what the point of these discs is when they can be watched on Netflix for a fraction of the price.
For people who dont have enough speed for 4K? DV for season two if it come out on disc in DV

For people who only just have enough speed but don't when more than one person is using the internet?

For people who have download limits?

Netflix costs a lot more than £30 over the lifetime of discs. You can't get free months every time you want to watch it.

The first series wasn't made in HDR. The second one is Dolby Vision though.

Not sure what the point of these discs is when they can be watched on Netflix for a fraction of the price.
Netflix is £9.99 a month so if someone wants to watch again in a few months they'll have to still have the subscription or pay again whereas owning the disc you can watch whenever you want

Netflix is £9.99 a month so if someone wants to watch again in a few months they'll have to still have the subscription or pay again whereas owning the disc you can watch whenever you want
Okay, fair enough. I guess I'm just surprised that there's anyone left who doesn't subscribe to Netflix now.

I cancelled my subscription a few months ago. I now prefer to have the physical discs as the audio and picture quality is better than streaming.

Okay, fair enough. I guess I'm just surprised that there's anyone left who doesn't subscribe to Netflix now.
Oh you mean keep making a new email account so you get 30 days free, I'm surprised a company as big as Netflix is still stupid enough to let people do it tbh.

I also don't see the point of doing it every month to save a tenner, Netflix is the most used app in my house and is on at least three devices every day so for me I'd rather pay a tenner than have to waste my time setting up new emails on every device every month.

I cancelled my subscription a few months ago. I now prefer to have the physical discs as the audio and picture quality is better than streaming.

I realise the bitrate is higher on a disc, but I'd be interested to see some PQ comparisons from a normal viewing distance. I suspect most people couldn't tell the difference. Netflix 4K PQ is pretty great, in my opinion.

As for Netflix as a service, it's pretty much all I watch (aside from my weekly Cinema Paradiso rentals) so £10 a month is a bargain. There's so much content on Netflix now it's impossible to keep up. Makes every other streaming service look very weak by comparison.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom