Streamer/network player suggestions/guidance please

wadsy

Novice Member
Reaction score
Streamer/network player suggestions/guidance please....

A mate of mine has been encouraging me to get into streaming, saying it will 'revolutionise' my listening!...and, I must admit that I like the idea of the accessibility, re-discovering old music that I liked and new stuff to be found too.

So, I'm contemplating adding to my existing set-up, I'd like something that would offer similar sound quality to my Audio Analogue Maestro CD player and go well with my Iota Alpha's and new amp (tbc) but something like an Elex-R I would think.

I have looked into it online quite a bit, but find it rather baffling with all the options, formats and connections!
:S

Any suggestions/guidance greatly received
:^

Cheers
:)

Streamer/network player suggestions/guidance please....

A mate of mine has been encouraging me to get into streaming, saying it will 'revolutionise' my listening!...and, I must admit that I like the idea of the accessibility, re-discovering old music that I liked and new stuff to be found too.

So, I'm contemplating adding to my existing set-up, I'd like something that would offer similar sound quality to my Audio Analogue Maestro CD player and go well with my Iota Alpha's and new amp (tbc) but something like an Elex-R I would think.

I have looked into it online quite a bit, but find it rather baffling with all the options, formats and connections!
:S

Any suggestions/guidance greatly received
:^

Cheers
:)
I have recently got into streaming hi-res music after years of buying SACDs etc & have been very surprised by the sound quality that is available for a very reasonable outlay. I have the Bluesound Node 2i which is connected via its analogue o/p's to my Cambridge Audio CXR200 AVR with some old XTZ speakers & a very old REL sub. I have used the Stereo + Sub option in the amplifier & switched the sub o/p off in the Node 2i menu thereby sending a full bandwidth signal to the AVR & the results have been astonishing.
I plumped for the Bluesound Node 2i because of lots of positive reviews etc & the fact that it has a big array of music streaming services including Tidal, Qobuz, Radio Paradise & now Amazon Music HD & many many more, I am currently trying Amazon music HD on free 3 month trial as a Prime customer it costs considerably less than Tidal etc for hi-res streaming & has a vast library of music.
I have been very impressed with the Bluesound Node 2i & recommend it highly.

Bluesound Node is a decent entre level streamer/DAC, try an Aurelic G1 or Lumin also.

It also depends on what you’re going to be streaming.

If it’s bluetooth from your phone or lossy formats such as Spotify then this is really all you’ll need.

Also, if you decide streaming is not for you, you’ll get most of your money back quite easily.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom