Stuck pixel 55oled754

Xexets

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi! So I had a 55oled754 for a couple of months and it has developed a dark pixel. Not sure if it is dead or stuck it looks red but not sure. Bad picture attached. It has developed this recently. I noticed that the night before the tv Made a strange clicking sound in standby for a bit I assume it was a pixel refresh. After that I played some Dolby vision content and noticed that in dark scenes several pixel looked bright white. I could not reproduce it though so I just think that was the file itself.

questons:should I try a manual pixel refreshto fix it or that risks bringing out issues in the tv? I read contrasting opinions about this.
Second question: should I try one of the YouTube pixel fixers videos or is that bad practice on an oled tv?

thanks!

Attachments

• 69B3020A-A195-4540-BDA5-F612D2F61368.jpeg
    69B3020A-A195-4540-BDA5-F612D2F61368.jpeg
    197.5 KB · Views: 87
Actually I just noticed that this pixel can only be seen on green background. There is another like this that is only visible on blu background. Neither is visible when the background is black or white. Is there any chance the pixels are not dead but just stuck on one color? If so is might a pixel fixer video work or can it make matters worse? Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom