Stuttering issues on LG 32LM6300PLA

Sogard3

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys this is my first post.
Today I bought this TV because my old TV(32LB5800) has some power issues.
I wanted this one because is exactly same size as the old, I was interested to have the same features also on this new one.
But I have a big problem with the video playback... Im not sure but this TV should support different frame rates I guess?
For example I use 24hz for movies and 50hz for tv channels using a SmartBox(RPi3 with LibreElec) connected to HDMI.
First I tested the "SmartBox" and I realized that the frame rate is not changing so I connected my HDD to USB on the TV and the video at 24hz still stuttering :/
On Netflix everything is perfect and smooth, I guess their videos are at 24hz too.
I opened the "Geek" menu to see if the TV detects different refresh rates and it does! But it doesn't change to them. Normally when I played something on the old TV the image get 1sec black to change the refresh rate but on this new one nothing.
So what should I do? The TV is already updated to last version.

EDIT: I was wrong, same issue on Netflix with a movie that has the Universal intro.

Last edited:
Changing refresh rates depends on the device, in this case the Rpi running libreelec.

The built in USB video player on LG does not auto switch to 24Hz.

Try writing the latest version of libreelec to a SD card and see if it can change refresh rates, you must enable this option in Kodi playback settings, adjust display refresh rate.

If kodi does not switch then it might be a problem only the libreelec guys can solve, as its is a display driver and EDID issue.

Alternate options for 50Hz or 60hz output - in playback settings try enabling the sync playback to display this can remove stutter but at the cost of audio being limited to stereo only, if on TV speakers only then that's not a problem.

Go into the TV picture settings, switch to cinema preset and make sure LG real cinema is enabled. Also LG's trumotion if present can remove stutter, you might want to try the preset like smooth but that can cause visual side effects, try manual and set the de-judder to 4-5 and leave deblur on 0.

@
next010
Thanks for your answer.
Do you think this model has like a PC Monitor screen that allows only 50/60hz?
The old TV was able to switch to 24hz or 50hz on USB video player and also on Netflix.
Of course the LibreElec is updated to last version and the refresh rate still activated, I didn't modified anything, I just changed the TV.
I tried all presets from the TV and the real cinema is activated(On some presets that function is disabled and I can't turn it on). Right now is on Cinema preset but it only changes the color.
This TV doesn't have Trumotion.
I know is a cheap 32" FullHD Smart TV but 5 years ago I payed same price for the old TV with less features but can change the refresh rate perfectly. At least in Spain I had only 2 options for a 32" LG, this one and the 32LK6200PLA, but the LK has less specs and older webOS and is about 30€ more expensive so no idea.
My personal opinion is that they don't care anymore about the small TVs and they started to remove features that normally the 32" users don't care about. I have a small room and I can't fit a bigger TV.
I hope a webOS update can fix this problem.

It's possible it doesn't support 24Hz, check that the TV's firmware is up to date in case it was a bug/issue thats been fixed.

There are ways to find out if it supports 24Hz, try this tool on a windows PC and see if it lists 24hz in the EDID, if it does find it then the problem is libreelec OS.

You should be able to force a custom 24Hz resolution on linux but I do not know how to do it, try asking on the libreelec forums.

If you have PC mode enabled on the TV turn that off (HDMI input labelled as PC) but I'm guessing you don't have that on.

Real cinema should remove some of the stutter, if it did nothing, switch your R-Pi to 60hz output and see if that works.

@
next010
Thanks for answer again!
webOS is already updated, I checked for updates but is already up to date, I guess because it was manufactured this month as the rear sticker says.
The Real Cinema does exactly nothing, tried on Netflix and USB Movie and looks exactly the same. Probably that feature in the menu works on other TVs(More expensive).
Right now Im going to the shop and check a Samsung TV, if that one does the same then I'll pay the price of the new one to repair the old TV if is neccessary... I don't care about the fast menus with logos... I just want a good and smooth image.

EDIT: Im back from the shop, tested on the 32" Samsung TV same issue... he said let's try on other TV. Tested on a 43" Sony UHD about 650€, same issue. He started to show me 1000€ TVs that he thinks can do the change of the refresh rate but of course I said NO and I'll come later to return the TV.
Im not any expert on TVs but if a Sony UHD 650€ TV can't change the refresh rate then I prefeer to buy older 2nd hand TVs that can do that.
After 5 years watching all the movies at their correct hz there's no way I'll accept to watch them at wrong hz like on a PC Screen. I will ask a technician the price for the repair, like I said I agree to pay him the same price of this new one.
Bye!

Last edited:
I've just bought one of these. No real issues but pretty rubbish.
No information button on the basic remote that brings up programme and video resolution information etc etc. Just about every other TV and PVR I've had over the last xx years has had an "i" button on the handset. Now have to navigate a menu. I tried the Freesat UHD 4K box a few months ago. Equally atrocious with the number of button pushes required to get simple info. Went back, as this TV probably will. I guess just a general dumbing down??

@
colinstone
Yeah... there's nothing wrong with the OS in fact I like it a lot! But don't come with a cheap LCD that only works with the refresh rate from the antena channels.
They have hidden that info menu and you need to go to the channels config menu and then pres 11111 to see more info. For somebody that just watches tv channels from the antena is perfect but if you are like me that 90% of time I use it for watching movies is rubbish :/
3 years ago I bought a 43" Samsung TV about 400€ probably was cheaper in Romania idk... that works perfect too so it's something about these last 2 years. If I need another 32" TV for sure will be one from before 2018.

If other TV's in the store didn't work with 24Hz either, then you were unlucky or it might be your R-Pi at fault, it's a possibility.

Do you have other hardware that outputs 24Hz to test with ?

@
next010

The other TVs from the store probably support the 24hz but they were too expensive and big, I stoped watching TVs when he started to show me TVs more expensive than 650€, and like I said I can't fit a bigger one than 32" on my room, I just need a 32" TV that has the features of the bigger TVs.
The RPi was never a fault. It can't be because of the external HDMI player, the TV does the same with the native Netflix App.
I just saw the 7 series Samsung the most cheap UHD instead of playing a video at his correct hz creates new frame to fill the gap between 24 and 60 fps to make smother transitions. Probably is cheaper to make a TV like that and let the Software to do everything.
So yes this TV is totally wrong because can't change the refresh rate and the Real Cinema option don't work at all or it can't be used with 50hz. I know the new TVs have better colors, HDR... but I care more about the refresh rate. The 32LB5800 is the best 32" that I had and I will have when it will get repared.
I will really appreciate if somebody knows which was the last model from LG that supports to change the refresh rate and is 32" ;)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom