Answered Sub Calibration Question please

I just ran the Calibration 4 times to get the sub at 0db instead of -6 so here is the result :

IMG-5348.jpg

Believe it or not all 4 times i got the same results not even 10hz less or more !! i think the trick is because i took out all the seats pillows out of the room 12 medium size pillows. So at the 4th time i got the sub at 0db exactly thank god, is't okay to change some of the speakers db level after calibration or also i cannot ? and now the sub volume after lowering it each calibration now its at maybe 9-10'clock is that okay to low? here is a picture :

IMG-5349.jpg

Regarding the crossover im not changing anything i just rised the surround back from 60 to 120hz

It would be okay to tweak the levels post calibration, but I'd not stray too far from the calibrated results or you may end up with a sstup that sounds unbalanced during playback of soundtracks.

It would be okay to tweak the levels post calibration, but I'd not stray too far from the calibrated results or you may end up with a sstup that sounds unbalanced during playback of soundtracks.
Like going to 160hz for example? What if i want to go back to my old settings at 80hz i should turn off the AccuEQ calibration from menu and manually set the crossover right ?

Like going to 160hz for example? What if i want to go back to my old settings at 80hz i should turn off the AccuEQ calibration from menu and manually set the crossover right ?
The crossovers are not the levels and I was refering to the levels in the post you quoted. Now not sure as to what you are referring or wanting to do?

Turning off AccuEQ wouldn't make the roll offs of your speakers any better than the measured roll offs so I'd not suggest you set crossovers below measured roll offs if turning off AccuEQ. Whether or not AccuEQ measured them correctly is another matter?

Last edited:
The crossovers are not the levels and I was refering to the levels in the post you quoted. Now not sure as to what you are referring or wanting to do?

Ooh sorry got you Now you meant sub level when i asked.

Turning odd AccuEQ wouldn't make the roll offs of your speakers any better than the measured roll offs so I'd not suggest you set crossovers below measured roll offs if turning off AccuEQ. Whether or not AccuEQ measured them correctly is another matter?

Even if i turn off the AccuEQ calibration off will the amp still going to determine last calibration? I’ll sett all fronts and C at 90hz and keep the surrounds at 120hz i would like to notice the difference.

And also the calibration results were weird all 120hz 4 times. If you remember my old thread it set the fronts 200hz and C 80hz and surround 120hz surround back same 50hz then i higher it to match the other surround.

Bass management is still in effect if you disengage a receiver's room EQ correction. Turning off AccuEQ would have no effect upon the crossover settings and they remain the same as they were prior to disengaging AccuEQ. The same is true of any other receiver and its room EQ correction system.

The roll off points of your speakers is measured by the receiver during calibration. These roll offs are the same irrespective of whether or not you engage AccuEQ/ THe calibration measures the roll offs of the speakers and doesn't determine them.

Bass management is still in effect if you disengage a receiver's room EQ correction. Turning off AccuEQ would have no effect upon the crossover settings and they remain the same as they were prior to disengaging AccuEQ. The same is true of any other receiver and its room EQ correction system.

So turning it off at lower the crossover for the fronts won’t be an issue.

The roll off points of your speakers is measured by the receiver during calibration. These roll offs are the same irrespective of whether or not you engage AccuEQ/ THe calibration measures the roll offs of the speakers and doesn't determine them.

How it doesn’t determine them I thought the calibration does !

@dante01 I think i found a glitch or a way out of this since im trying to go for lower crossover i set the mic in the middle of the room and i got those result:
Fronts:40hz (lower than speaker spec)
Center:90hz
Surround:100hz
Surround back: 70hz (lower than speaker spec)

So now since i only can go higher im good increasing the fronts to 80-100 and surround back to 100hz in this case im in the safe side, but we have a Distance and level calibration problem since it was calibrated in the middle not where the listing area so i saved the distance and the levels as well from the current calibration from the listing area where all at 120hz so i just paste those settings to new calibration will that work fine ?

Its impossible that if your Amp set a roll off point but you can’t undo it or go lower, also I thought of the option in AccuEQ menu ON except L&R and i can do them only at 80hz and leave the rest at 120hz

As inferred in the other thread, the issues you have could relate to the room. Note that is placing the mic somewhere that isn;t your primary listening location then the calibration results relate to where you placed the mic and not where you'll be stting while using the setup. The results will not be appropriate for where you'll be sat.

As inferred in the other thread, the issues you have could relate to the room. Note that is placing the mic somewhere that isn;t your primary listening location then the calibration results relate to where you placed the mic and not where you'll be stting while using the setup. The results will not be appropriate for where you'll be sat.
Damn no way out !!!! Okay what about AccuEQ On except L&R and set them to 80hz ?

Bare with me and sorry for this question but when you say the calibration results relate in where you sit i agree but the results are 3 things crossover and distance and level calibration which both i already have their result from the listing area and the crossover im going higher and pasting the numbers where the harm in here ? Im guessing bass management right ?

I can't think about something else the past day its killing me i want to know why the crossover below the roll off (sur bk) and the fronts very high, after doing some 12 hours of re-search and reading and testing and replacing the wires found nothing wrong but on the re-searching part i found many threads in some neighbors forums that they have the same issue with AccuEQ setting the fronts very high and some threads as well in here and found you on those threads trying to help. So know im kind relieved it might be 80% AccuEQ problem and 20% from the room

Maybe consider gping old school, manually calibrating your setup and forget about using AccuEQ altogether? If it sounds okay then there's no real reason to worry about it.

Maybe consider gping old school, manually calibrating your setup and forget about using AccuEQ altogether? If it sounds okay then there's no real reason to worry about it.

The sound is great and the bass is better and so far the best setup for the bass i ever had but im only curious since this my first time going this high i want to see the difference in lower hz and i just did last calibration from listing area and thank god i got a difference in one channel only the Center it was set to 100hz (before 120hz) and the rest same 120 and sur bk 60hz (increased to 120 to match).

If i’ll be going old school how i do that what are the steps in the amp to do that. I know i need to buy some tools

Thanks going to order the SPL meter now but since i’ll shopping in Amazon I thought of buying isolation pads for my front towers im sick of wood floor noise but I can't find a pads that’s specially for full towers can you help or have something in mind you tried before ?

After reading the article got everything clear but it seems i’ll be overriding the calibration crossover by going to set the crossover lower then adjust the levels i know im calibrating now but i thought you meant that no matter what your calibration set for crossover you can’t go lower even if my speakers can handle it. Im lost in here regarding this points only unless the article forgot to mention before doing all this turn off your AccuEQ Calibration or Audyssey or whatever program that your Amp uses.

I don't use isolation pads and I use spikes. This wouldn't be ideal if you've a plished wood or laminate floor, but you can get spike shoes to prevent the spikes damaging fllors or simply place small coins under each of the spikes. I'd be surprised if your speakers didn't come with spikes or if they don't include the fittments needed to fit them. If they don't or cannot accomodate spikes then simply use 4 small rubberised feet or even small balls of Blutak to help isolate the speakers from the floor.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Speaker-Spikes/b?ie=UTF8&node=1098243031

Atacama Gel Pads (8 Pack)

Blu Tack - Wikipedia

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I don't use isolation pads and I use spikes. This wouldn't be ideal if you've a plished wood or laminate floor, but you can get spike shoes to prevent the spikes damaging fllors or simply place small coins under each of the spikes. I'd be surprised if your speakers didn't come with spikes or if they don't include the fittments needed to fit them. If they don't or cannot accomodate spikes then simply use 4 small rubberised feet or even small balls of Blutak to help isolate the speakers from the floor.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Speaker-Spikes/b?ie=UTF8&node=1098243031

Atacama Gel Pads (8 Pack)

Blu Tack - Wikipedia
Actually they come with spikes and hard plastic feet not rubber to place it under it but how you how you can sit the speakers with only the spikes they will fall down? here is picture :
IMG-5393.jpg

But the problem is my floor are long aged and the whole foam under the floor are dead so even when walking it cracks like hell imagine what bass does. I'll be getting either rubber feet or but I think since my wood are bad I need something thicker at least 2" hight maybe ?

I know you're tired of answering questions regarding the crossover thats why you didn't mention it but I swear dante this matter was the only thing in my head the past 2 days even there was big a discussion out of here about what I just learned from you not to go lower than what your AccuEQ set. Some are saying its right not go lower if the calibration set your crossover at what your speaker freq response start from. But if your speakers spec rolls off example from 70hz and the calibration set it bit higher you can lower it to what its capable off, the point is not go lower than 70hz. I'll screen shot your answer to prove this and end this discussion with them.
Thanks dante

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
The speakers will not fall down if using just the spikes.

Speakers don't actually resonate that much, not good ones anyway. THe cabinets are designed not to vibrate or convey resonance. The best thing to use on wood floors would be spikes. This results in the least surface area being in contact with the surface on which the speakers are placed.

What Do Speaker Spikes Actually Do & Do I Need Them? | LedgerNote

Regardless of what the frequency handling capabilities if of your speakers, this will not change the acoustics of your room or how lower frequencies are poeray relative to where you are sat in that room. The speakers themselves cannot do anything to counter nulls for example.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom