Subwoofer for music (for computer position listening)

greekgoddj

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, totally new to the forum.

I do most of my listening at my PC desk and am using a pair of Audio Engine A2 speakers. They are small, fit under the PC monitor and am mostly happy with the sound, but naturally they are so small, bass is lacking. I am looking add a small sub under the PC desk to help fill that bass gap and figured I would ask for your advise. I have been considering the following:

1) Q-Acoustics 3070S or 2070Si (these two seem very similar)
2) Cambridge Audio Minx X201
3) EDIT: REL T-Zero V2

There aren't many reviews out there specific on these subwoofers, but rather as part of their 5.1 set/pack so only a phrase or two specific to the sub. I am unfimiliar with dual drivers (QA) or 1 + 2 passive (CA) boxes so was wondering if there are any pros/cons for what I am after, which is mainly music use (not film/game LFE).

Also, does anybody know the frequency response of the QA's? Their site makes no mention.

Any advise is more than welcome.
Stay safe!

Last edited:
Bk gemini will be sufficient and superior to that q acoustic.

You don't need much output as you're right next to it typically on a desk layout.

I'm.using a.wharfedale sw-150

Thanks for introducing me to BK, am checking out their site and the Gemini 2. Is going from single or dual 6.5" drivers, past 8" and onto 10" way more than what I need?

Thank you

Gemini 2 will be fine as previously suggested, sure you can go bigger if you want to cover for all eventualities such as you move to a larger room or want to make it more of an all enveloping main room system.

If you have the room/funds to accommodate a bigger sub look at the XXLS400 as the max you should need in almost any situation especially if using for music. They do come up on the forums for under £250 as indeed I bought one myself off the forums in the last 2 months. I use it in a large room(7m x6m) and find it great for movies and music.

"sure you can go bigger if you want ", Oh I wasn't suggesting to go bigger, but rather smaller :) Will certainly check more into the gemini

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom