Super glue remover is it any good ?

Venomx999

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Tried glueing a rubber screen protector to my scooter yesterday and left a nasty mark on it.
So I’ve bought loctite glue remover . And failing that some acetate nail polish remover ( as suggested on google )

Attachments

• 378993E5-A1D7-411F-9667-78762B94F624.jpeg
    378993E5-A1D7-411F-9667-78762B94F624.jpeg
    187.3 KB · Views: 93
Nail polish remover works - managed to stick my thumb and forefinger together a few years back :facepalm:

My lad quickly googled what works and came downstairs with mum's nail polish remover (basically acetone) - a few seconds later my fingers were free! :clap::D

...actually, as an aside, it's always worth checking what the active ingredients are in various branded formulas, as it's quite easy to find cheaper alternatives....

We're about to try a little project that needs some muriatic acid, and copper sulphate.

Muriatic acid is just diluted hydrochloric acid, and turns out, that's exactly what brick and concrete cleaner is - so £7 for 5 litres is a lot cheaper and more readily available than buying stuff from chemical suppliers.

Copper Sulphate - turns out it's widely used as the active ingredient in 'root killer' for gardeners, but because it's branded as such, it's got quite a markup on it. A bit of hunting around, and it turns out that Copper Sulphate Pentahydrate (which is how it is almost always made up at regular room temperature - it's just hydrated Copper Sulphate crystals) is used by farmers to dip sheep's feet to prevent various fungal rot etc. The local farm supply shop sells Copper Sulphate crystals in this form at just £7 for a kilo tub.

So £14 in total - about half the price of buying stuff without digging around a bit.

So far the loctite super glue remover has worked very well...

Attachments

• 4CEAFBCF-FA54-4D10-8243-3FDCFE43AAD3.jpeg
    4CEAFBCF-FA54-4D10-8243-3FDCFE43AAD3.jpeg
    204.7 KB · Views: 64
I put SuperGlue in my eye a little while ago.
I recommend NOT doing that!

I once got the bottle of remover stuck to my fingers, while trying to use it to remove some glue!

Can I sell you some superglue remover remover? :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom