Sukh0000007

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

As the title suggests. Both within my budget, chose ported over sealed. But stuck between these 2 subwoofers. Which one would you recommend? Mostly for movies.

Thanks

Traditionally Ported is better for Movies for bigger sound and bass effect. Sealed for Music as although the bass isnt quite a deep the response time is marginally better, 'tighter'.

SVS is certainly the established player here in the UK, but if the Monolith THX 10" is anything like the 15's we tested this week it should be a very good little ported sub.

Last edited:
Hi

As the title suggests. Both within my budget, chose ported over sealed. But stuck between these 2 subwoofers. Which one would you recommend? Mostly for movies.

Thanks

If you do some more research they have been compared by folks in US cause they have much better "try at home policies". Monoprice had slight upper hand from what i remember, but you can´t go much wrong with either one. SVS has better support / service in UK if that matters. Warranty for amp is same 5years.

The Monolith 10 THX has been listened and measured by Audioholics. It´s a superb product for the price no doubt!

SVS cost 445£ as new open box with full warranty:

Used PB1000 for 300£.

If you don´t have the smallest room then there is also PB2000 for 600£ with 4year warranty left and 5hours use only.

Plenty of options...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom