Question SVS PB2000 Pro and KEF e301 atmos setup?

Ali Raza

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

I have a large room about 8 x 3 meters but my setup is on my side thats about 3 x 3 meters. I am going to put 5.1.4 KEF e301 speakers and thinking about getting the
SVS PB2000 Pro. Hows thats sub? I want a powerful sub that will shake the sofa even at lower volume. Would that be a good sub with kef e301?

I have a relatively small space so the sub will sit along the side wall in the middle of the room and about 2 meters from the listening position.

If that would be too much bass then what else would you recommend that produces good quality sound.

What are you running for an AV processor?

Side wall placement may result in nulls at the listening position - before you commit to that location I would confirm with REW that it measures well there.

Those speakers at every channel will sound nice and cohesive - make sure they are run on Small with an 80 Hz crossover unless the processor sets it higher - then leave it.

Side wall placement may result in nulls at the listening position - before you commit to that location I would confirm with REW that it measures well there.

Those speakers at every channel will sound nice and cohesive - make sure they are run on Small with an 80 Hz crossover unless the processor sets it higher - then leave it.

I am thinking about getting a denon 3600 or 4500.

for speakers I am having problem mounting them on the wall and pointing them down they just swivel that way...I think I’ll have to return those and get the b&w m1 or something similar...if you could recommend something?

tha ka

How to measure REW? 😳

The Denon 3600 or 4500 are great choices.

In order to wall mount your speaker, the base needs to be swiveled 180 degrees per the manual on pages 5-6 and this will prevent it from pointing down.

REW is available at AV Nirvana forum and there is a large amount of new user guidance along with a support forum.

If you aren't interested in learning REW and taking measurements, then stay flexible and move the subwoofer around until you find the best sounding location.

The Denon 3600 or 4500 are great choices.

In order to wall mount your speaker, the base needs to be swiveled 180 degrees per the manual on pages 5-6 and this will prevent it from pointing down.

REW is available at AV Nirvana forum and there is a large amount of new user guidance along with a support forum.

If you aren't interested in learning REW and taking measurements, then stay flexible and move the subwoofer around until you find the best sounding location.

thanks I’ll read about rew.

yeah the problem is e301 don’t point downwards I have to find some other satellites...any recommendations?

Since I represent SVS, I'll leave the brand recommendations to other forum members.

If you want to use a ball/socket style speaker bracket, make sure the satellite has a 1/4-20 threaded insert on the back.

If you want to use a swivel/tilt shelf style bracket like the VideoSecu brand which is popular on Amazon - then you can use just about any satellite or small bookshelf speaker.

Since I represent SVS, I'll leave the brand recommendations to other forum members.

If you want to use a ball/socket style speaker bracket, make sure the satellite has a 1/4-20 threaded insert on the back.

If you want to use a swivel/tilt shelf style bracket like the VideoSecu brand which is popular on Amazon - then you can use just about any satellite or small bookshelf speaker.

Do u know if I could use ball type of bracket with kef e301? Maybe that way it would be easier to mount up high on the walls pointing down.

I didn't notice a threaded insert on the back of that speaker, but check with KEF to be sure.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom