Question SVS PB2000 PRo

bazkav

Just bought this sub to replace my ageing pair of
B&W ASW650 subs. I think it’s a good swap this sub seems to fill my 22ft room better than the other two put together.
Anyway other than that I am having just one problem, when attaching the subwoofers cloth cover it is really difficult to locate the lugs first time without catching the rubber inserts and deforming them leading to me having to gently ease the inserts back to how they should be.
Surely it shouldn’t be this fidely.
I don’t want to damage the rubber I can’t help feeling that the plugs on the cover may not be perfectly matching the sus locating holes.
Has anyone else experienced this or is it just me.
Thanks for any advice.

Damp Squid

I have the SB2000 and need to flex the metal grille slightly to get the pins in the centre of the rubber hole. Once in place its rock solid.
You have to be careful not to damage the rubber inside the hole.

bazkav

I know but on the old B&w subs you just offered the grill up to the sub and it just slid in.
That’s is my worry damaging the rubber inserts, l
Like the grill removed when the grandkids are away
but back on when they here.

Bigpants2k

Yes I have the sub and I have the exact same issue. I had to put a small screw driver into the hole and prize the rubber thingy out. TBH I've left it off for now.

WozzaB

Same issue here, set up my PB2000 Pro today and one hole is now out of shape due to the lugs not lining up, thought it was just me, but it appears not!
I'm currently in conversation with SVS about a set up question, so I'll mention it to them. Top customer service so far I have to say.

andym81

Same issue here, set up my PB2000 Pro today and one hole is now out of shape due to the lugs not lining up, thought it was just me, but it appears not!
I'm currently in conversation with SVS about a set up question, so I'll mention it to them. Top customer service so far I have to say.
Carnt speak for the pro but I have dual pb 2000s and in sb before those and they are all the same. Have to flex the grill abit. Contact svs

WozzaB

Carnt speak for the pro but I have dual pb 2000s and in sb before those and they are all the same. Have to flex the grill abit. Contact svs
I've sent SVS a message, they're usually really quick replying.
Not sure if you're aware, but the Pro models have a cloth grill with a thick plastic frame, so a touch harder to flex about, I've got mine fitted now, had tweak open the hole for the lug that I squashed a bit, still very fiddly to get on, doesn't need to be that tricky.

WozzaB

I got a reply from Ed at SVS, the grill needs to be flexed a little to get it lined up as it uses a bit of tension to make sure it doesn't move, so it's designed to be like that, the same as the previous model with the metal grill by the sound of it.
Now I know that, and I've got the cup back in shape, I can get my grill on and off fairly easy.

bazkav

I’ll try that thanks

steviedr

Distinguished Member
I have 2 pros but unsure what issue you guys face. Did your grill deform slightly ?
I remove mine starting at the bottom, pulling from the bottom 1/3 and 2/3 points, (so 2 bottom plugs ejected) allowing to move fingers up to mid point on each side to eject the top.
For putting back in, simply line the bottom two, and insert a tiny bit, align top 2 and then push them all in.
Sounds more complicated / tedious than what it is.
I didn’t see any rubber plug deformation - in saying that, I don’t remove the grill too often.

WozzaB

I have 2 pros but unsure what issue you guys face.
I remove mine starting at the bottom, pulling from the bottom 1/3 and 2/3 points, (so 2 bottom plugs ejected) allowing to move fingers up to mid point on each side to eject the top.
For putting back in, simply line the bottom two, and insert a tiny bit, align top 2 and then push them all in.
Sounds more complicated / tedious than what it is.
I didn’t see any rubber plug deformation - in saying that, I don’t remove the grill too often.
Taking it off is fine, and I tried what you suggested initially, fitted bottom 2 lugs, then went to push top 2 in they don't align at the same time, only one side will go in and then I need to give the grill a little flex to line up the last lug.

steviedr

Distinguished Member
Taking it off is fine, and I tried what you suggested initially, fitted bottom 2 lugs, then went to push top 2 in they don't align at the same time, only one side will go in and then I need to give the grill a little flex to line up the last lug.
Strange, maybe I’m lucky.
I do have an issue with one of my kef grills (from new), it’s not straight so if I push one corner the far opposite raises a little (diagonal see saw). Mass production issues :)

WozzaB

Strange, maybe I’m lucky.
I do have an issue with one of my kef grills (from new), it’s not straight so if I push one corner the far opposite raises a little (diagonal see saw). Mass production issues :)
It's odd as SVS said it's normal to need to flex the grill a bit, maybe you've got good grill skills 😄

bazkav

Yes maybe but also with the grill being black pegs into black holes down at floor level not easy not a lot of light when your knelt in front and above the sub.

WozzaB

Even when I can see it all perfectly, only 3 line up at the same time, the 4th is always a fraction off, and it is only a fraction, the rubber cups being pretty soft doesn't help, very easy to squash! Luckily also very easy to pull back into shape 😅

bazkav

I wonder if they have the rubber cups as spares as I assume they just are just a push fit.

WozzaB

I wonder if they have the rubber cups as spares as I assume they just are just a push fit.
They said they can send me replacements if needed, once the current Covid-19 situation eases. Got to say SVS are great with customer service!

bazkav

That’s a good idea if the inserts were lost then the grill might rattle

oakie007

Standard Member
I've got just the one 2000pro speaker, did going dual make a huge difference?

oakie007

Standard Member
Thanks for the reply, my dedicated cinema room is only 12 ft x 12ft, I really want to go dual (both either side of my 65inch TV but don't know if the room is too small.

JFK

Thanks for the reply, my dedicated cinema room is only 12 ft x 12ft, I really want to go dual (both either side of my 65inch TV but don't know if the room is too small.
Do it! I have dual PB-3000 either side of my 58" TV in a 11' x 11' room.
IMG_20200509_233425.jpg