SVS PC-2000 Pro Subwoofer Review & Comments

Great review, With my PC-2000, I was able to get 12 Hz with room gain although on paper it was 17 Hz.
Looks like this one can go 1Hz lower than its ancestor.

Last edited:
Did I just miss comparisons to other subs vs the price point or was it omitted from the review? A score assigned with reference to its peer group is very useful - if assigned on its own, much less so.... that’s when you get a situation where a ‘9’ is assigned to every review.... as and we still don’t know how they compare.

To be clear- I think it’s a great review, but it could be amazing if you added direct comparisons to other subs at different price points from different manufacturers. Then the question many may be asking as they read this will actually be answered- which is “I have (insert sub) and thinking about upgrading, should I get this or something else?” If they all get a 9 out of 10, all we know is that they are all good... but with your unique exposure to all these subs, you could add soooo much more!

I didn't mention any alternatives because as far as I know SVS are the only manufacturer that makes cylindrical subs, so what am I going to compare it to?

Sure, nobody else makes cylindrical subs. but purchasers will still consider alternatives. So there are other subs to compare to that still makes sense I think.

This looks like a great sub. Unlike other manufacturers I can see a justification for the price. If it was closer to 500 quid I would be seriously looking at it, but spending nearly a grand on a sub is just not on the cards for me.

good review, used to own the 1000 a few years back and even that was almost over kill, not a wife pleaser either.

I'm sure it's an amazing sub, but who wants a black 40l kitchen bin in the corner of their living room?
BW05386B.jpg

I'm sure it's an amazing sub, but who wants a black 40l kitchen bin in the corner of their living room?
View attachment 1329472
I have three cylindrical SVS subs (all either one and two rungs up the SVS hierarchy over this one), and none of them are in the corner. They are all between the television and either the front left or front right speakers.

Last edited:
I have three cylindrical SVS subs (all either one and two rungs up the SVS hierarchy over this one), and none of them are in the corner. They are all between the television and either the front left or front right speakers.
Does it look less bin like if not in the corner?

I know it's each to their own but I've always quite liked the look of the cylindrical subs from SVS. If I ever had to get more WAF friendly subs then something like these would likely be at the top of the list if just because they DON'T look like subs.

Thx for the review Steve. :smashin:

I didn't mention any alternatives because as far as I know SVS are the only manufacturer that makes cylindrical subs, so what am I going to compare it to?

Does it need to be a cylinder for it to be a viable comparison? Isn't it just a 12" ported sub with a different form factor. It should perform as any other 12" ported sub and be subject to the same laws of physics with regard to how it performs. Or am I missing something?

Each to there own, I was really against the cylinder shape, but when you see hundreds of large square boxes with holes in them in the corners, or between TV's and speakers, then the cylinders suddenly become appealing. Also, the sheer low end they give, you just can't help but love them.

Didn't a guy on here wrap one in a flowery material to blend in?

SVS missed a trick there! :D

Have you heard them all? Arendal are sealed and the Arendal 1 is the same price not 2/3. So not much in it. XTZ 🙄.

Everybody's opinions are different which is good otherwise we'd all have the same look.

No mate I have two. 😂. Pretty expensive for bins.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom