SVS PC-2000 Pro Subwoofer Review & Comments

I've always liked the design of this but my SVS SB 1000 is still going strong and the 5 year warranty from them is fantastic . Mine went dead after 4.5 years and after contacting them they sent a new circuit board for for myself to fit , with instructions of course and job done , still going strong . Also like the older design with the metal grill that is pet proof , wish more manufacturers had this option .

Would like one of these but I feel it would be ulltamate cat nip scratching post for my cats .

I wonder how this compares against a BK Monolith plus besides the shape.

I wonder how this compares against a BK Monolith plus besides the shape.

Well just on build quality on owning BK and SVS I can't fault either but can not compare sound as I had different models . Although I will say that BK has a better choice of finishes on their subs over SVS.

My BK was DF over my SVS FF as I go for pet friendly options .

Monolith is better and cheaper 👌

Interesting , have you tried both side by side and measured the results between two completly different sub designs ? Not saying your not correct BTW,.

Monolith is better and cheaper 👌

Then you have a fridge on its side as opppsed to a bin 🙄

I've heard both, own two PC-2000's. SVS is IMO better. Let alone the PC2000 Pro.

What you going to do to your friends that try use it as a dust bin

Doesn't look bad if you ask me. For anybody who's actually interested to see what they look like.

Attachments

• IMG_20200705_210254.jpg
    IMG_20200705_210254.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 686
What you going to do to your friends that try use it as a dust bin

I'll ask my 6 year old daughter what she thinks. Its about the right age for this level of conversation.

Lovely setup Stefan. Looks ace to me.

Everyone has their own opinion. Get what you like. I do!

reminds me of my old infinity kappa subwoofer in my car boot during my teenage "I thought I was cool as the ice man" years

@StefanBFC Looks great, larger than I imagined but fits in well with your setup. Does it have isolation spikes?

@StefanBFC Looks great, larger than I imagined but fits in well with your setup. Does it have isolation spikes?

Yeah they are pretty large, but a small footprint. If you hide subs behind a sofa bigger footprint may be the way. I couldn't.

It comes with the SVS Isolation feet with it. They are usually around £60. Although not spikes, they are rubber feet.

Great review. Still leaves me wondering how much better the Pro is over the original though. I'm guessing it is an improvement, but only by a small margin and not worth upgrading to.

It's called a joke.
It seems no one is allowed to have a laugh and joke these these days, always someone taking offence.

If it makes people feel better... “all subs matter” and also in case any kitchen bins get offended.. “all kitchen bins matter” also :rolleyes::D

It seems no one is allowed to have a laugh and joke these these days, always someone taking offence.

If it makes people feel better... “all subs matter” and also in case any kitchen bins get offended.. “all kitchen bins matter” also :rolleyes::D

Introducing the new SVS PC2000-Brabantia :thumbsup:

My front bedroom isn't remotely as glamorous as @StefanBFC room in post #35, but this is what it looks like:
Image076_178.9_kB_9-Aug-2018_16h16.jpg

Unfortunately you can't see the front right loudspeaker, but it looks just like the left one, honest! However, to the right of the picture you can see the SVS PC12-Plus subwoofer, which at 102 cm high is slightly taller than the PC-2000 Pro reviewed here. And for anyone who is giving us SVS cylinder owners both grief and bad jokes, I refer them to the words of SVS President Gary Yacobian, who says in the fourth-last paragraph of this reprint of his interview with Home Cinema Choice magazine Issue 298 of May 2018: "You really stepped up if you put a cylinder in your room!"

My front bedroom isn't remotely as glamorous as @StefanBFC room in post #35, but this is what it looks like:
View attachment 1329897

Unfortunately you can't see the front right loudspeaker, but it looks just like the left one, honest! However, to the right of the picture you can see the SVS PC12-Plus subwoofer, which at 102 cm high is slightly taller than the PC-2000 Pro reviewed here. And for anyone who is giving us SVS cylinder owners both grief and bad jokes, I refer them to the words of SVS President Gary Yacobian, who says in the fourth-last paragraph of this reprint of his interview with Home Cinema Choice magazine Issue 298 of May 2018: "You really stepped up if you put a cylinder in your room!"

Honestly I rate them that high, I bought another one.

I almost sold both for one SB3000 or an Arendal 2. But for the price, two of these is just awesome.

Have a PC12 Plus myself and it's freaking awesome. Sometimes I get the upgrade itch and move towards a PC4000. And then I come to my senses and realize how much quality bass it gives me and I don't even run it at its fullest. Had a pb2000 before that and a SB13 Ultra. Ported is where it's at for me and the pro seems like a nice step up from the regular 2000 series.

Would like one of these but I feel it would be ulltamate cat nip scratching post for my cats .
@raduv1 Pah! That's a very old joke, it's hardly the first time that someone has said something similar about a cylindrical SVS subwoofer! The subtitle to this Tech Radar review of my PC12-Plus subwoofer says: "It's not a tiger's scratching post, it's a sub".

Have a PC12 Plus myself and it's freaking awesome. Sometimes I get the upgrade itch and move towards a PC4000. And then I come to my senses and realize how much quality bass it gives me and I don't even run it at its fullest. Had a pb2000 before that and a SB13 Ultra. Ported is where it's at for me and the pro seems like a nice step up from the regular 2000 series.

I've looked at the PC4000, But that definitely is to big to get passed the wife.

There will be some great deals now on PC-2000'S now the pro is out. But I think id go for the pro now, so you can set it up using the app. Yeah I prefer ported, with two there is no localisation at all. Even one of these is brilliant.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom