Svs sb1000 VS Rel HT1205

Sukh0000007

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi.

I have a question regarding 2 subwoofers. The SVS Sb1000 has 300 watts of power, with a 12 inch driver, and goes as low as 24htz. And the REL ht1205, 500 watts and 12 inch, at 22htz.

I am blind buying, does anyone have recommendations from the 2? The svs sb1000 piano gloss is the same price as the REL, but which would you recommend for a 5.1 set up for music and movies..

Sorry I can't recommend one over the other.

I have the SB1000 in one of my AV systems. I like it, it works well, is quite bulletproof and have never had a problem with it. I don't really use it for music as I find it overkill even with B&W bookshelf speakers at the same levels used for movies. I can keep adjusting, or it's simpler to turn off.

For movies it is more than capable of realistic LFEs in a room 6x4x3. That said I would look to upgrade it to the 2000 Pro or 4000 at some stage as it was just bought as an entry level sub.

I think the SVS is more compact if that's any consideration.

Hi.

I have a question regarding 2 subwoofers. The SVS Sb1000 has 300 watts of power, with a 12 inch driver, and goes as low as 24htz. And the REL ht1205, 500 watts and 12 inch, at 22htz.

I am blind buying, does anyone have recommendations from the 2? The svs sb1000 piano gloss is the same price as the REL, but which would you recommend for a 5.1 set up for music and movies..

I think REL HT1205 would have edge from those two purely performance wise. Although if you are paying nearly 700£ you should consider Arendal Sub 1961 1S. Comparable SVS SB2000 Pro costs 1k£!

If you want to go cheaper have you considered BK XXLS400? They are now available again and for much lower price 397£ + 10£ shipping. Satin black and white DF, Black FF, Cherry wood veneer FF, Light Oak FF and few more expensive wood veneer options. See them below:

All specs, finishes and larger pictures here:

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom