Question Svs

Bilbo 69

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi is there a svs pb-4000 owners thread on here as I’m having trouble finding one
Many thanks for any input.

@Bilbo 69

Usually the review threads are used as owners thread if someone haven´t created specific one, so here you go:

Ah ok. I don’t think there is a specific thread for that model. I guess you could start one though.

I just need someone to send me two :)

You could get them for home trial 14days ordering the gloss black and black oak from AVO, one each in stock! If you like them then you just swap the other one to oak. But of course it´s risky as if you return them both you lose 100£ (service fee), or 50£ if you have van and can return them in person. I don´t think there is any other way really. You would have few weeks to test against SB3000s which should give you all the answers.

I’d love to try them tbf.

Need to be sure the size won´t become issue as you have downsized everything. It´s quite darn deep!

4f4e6926-ceee-4094-86aa-8983b8fdb385_1515116728450-jpg.2340392

a47bb356-81a6-4fc8-90eb-cad83162d1f1_1515099953854-jpg.2340240

I have have just pushed the button I am now the owner of a pb-4000 in gloss black pick up in 17 days due to lockdown 🤪

I have have just pushed the button I am now the owner of a pb-4000 in gloss black pick up in 17 days due to lockdown 🤪

Christmas comes early for some. Congrats! Keep us posted when you get it with pictures and thoughts. 😎

James L (Audioholics) has heard and measured most subwoofers on market. Reading he´s thoughts it becomes clear this is superb product.

" The PB-4000 had absolutely no troubles getting very loud. No matter how hard I pushed it, it did not complain, as in there were no mechanical or otherwise untoward noises. It will simply stop getting louder when you max it out, which is ideal behavior. It will not allow itself to be driven into any audible distortion that I could hear, at least for this content. It produces nothing but clean bass. Users who want strong, uncolored bass that doesn’t change its character at all with varying loudness levels can have that in the PB-4000. I can strongly recommend this subwoofer for electronic music enthusiasts. "

" The PB-4000 more than just reproduced the sound mix, it transported the listener into the middle of the action. If subwoofers could be said to be ‘laid-back’ in the same sense that loudspeakers are, this sub would not qualify for that description. It tears into bass, and the deeper the frequency, the more energetic it gets. "

" For those who wonder why subwoofers need to be so large, movies like this are why. This kind of sound mix can’t really be fully reproduced by a small subwoofer. To competently reproduce deep bass with low distortion, a lot of air displacement is needed, and anything that has to move a lot of air necessarily needs to be physically large. The difference can be heard in a movie like ‘Batman Vs. Superman’; a subwoofer like the PB-4000 changes the experience. It makes the fantastic seem more plausible by adding depth and grandeur to the soundscape. The PB-4000 gave ‘Batman Vs. Superman’ all the bombast that was intended by the sound engineers ."

That's the problem with ported box subs they're massive.

Guess you could solve that with a ported sub that's is that tuned to 50hz hehehe.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom