swapping sky to vigin wifi netgear

guyman

Standard Member
hi inteligent people
have just gone back to virgin from sky on broadband
Want to swap wifi boxes over so Sky Netgear on Virgin cable line, all connections blah blah lights blah blah work but when i tey to connect through laptops connection shuts down after a couple of seconds, something simple i can configure ?
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

beerhunter

Novice Member
hi inteligent people
have just gone back to virgin from sky on broadband
Want to swap wifi boxes over so Sky Netgear on Virgin cable line, all connections blah blah lights blah blah work but when i tey to connect through laptops connection shuts down after a couple of seconds, something simple i can configure ?
:confused::confused::confused::confused:
That will not work - plain 'n simple.

The Sky box 'routes' between its built-in ADSL Modem and your Local Area Network. There is no way to get it to do otherwise.

What you need is a so-clled 'Cable Router' like this one. www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0000C1...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467198433&pf_rd_i=468294 It has a port into which yuo can plug your Cable Modem, which the Sky router does not.

Last edited:

t72bogie

Novice Member
Id like to know how you have connected the co-axial feed from Virgin to an ADSL router? ....the SKY ADSL box dosent have a threaded F connector, only an RJ11 for the telephone line :)

If you are trying to use it as a router, but have plugged an ethernet cable from your cable modem into one of the LAN switch ports on the SKY box, then you are out of luck too - for the reasons beerhunter has mentioned above

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more
Top Bottom